what`s a good nitro rc brand to buy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warhead99

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi i want to know what brand of nitro rc buggy to buy i have $170.00

Nitro buggy

In my opinion if you want new
i do not think you are going to get very good quality for 170.00
there are brands out there for that price but you get what you pay for.
If you wait and save more money you will get better quality

maybe look for a used on
you never know what you will find

Hi i want to know what brand of nitro rc buggy to buy i have $170.00

If you can buy new that would be your best option. IMO. But I agree, you probably wont get much for 170, after you buy all the gear to go with it, you could end up well above that price range. Stick with the big brands like Traxxas, HPI, Losi, Associated.

you wont get anything new for 170.00. At least not in 1:10 or 1:8 scale. buy a losi, team associated, HPI, or Traxxas. You can buy a pretty decent used Traxxas nitro rustler for around 170 and everyone carries tons of Traxxas parts.

You MUST stick with a main big brand, other wise the parts availability will suck and you will be bummed.

Racer is right. A good starter nitro RC truck will start about $300 plus accessories and fuel.

I would stay away from used nitro vehicles. Most of the time you are gonna get someone else's headache. You can get a new Traxxas Nitro Sport for under 300 bucks with everything included except fuel and a fuel bottle, and lately I think Traxxas is including those too. A 1/10 to 1/8 nitro buggy is gonna cost more than twice the $170.00 you plan to spend. there are very few nitro buggys out there that are 1/10th scale.

Yhea buy new for sure. I no to well you get a polished turd if you buy used. Like everyone said wait a bit longer and get a well known brand so you want be searching for parts.

You should save until you have like 300. Then you should go to a hobby shop so they can help you since you are a beginner. You will be lost without guidance.
Recommended brands- Team Associated, Team Losi, Traxxas, HPI.