What mills are all you running in your buggies.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My old buggy had a Sirio .21 SR AAC long stroke, my new buggy will have the Sirio Kani Evo 2 in it.

c5 has a lot more power top and bottom, best engine i have, i have ws7, 2 c4 ,c5 buggy and c5 onroad collari. i like the c5 buggy ,lot more torque. but you will need space to run it.

Had an OS V-01B in a Storm Pro, Nice engine and smooth power until the boost chamber pipe split...blew the rod, piston disintegrated and sleeve and bearings were killed by all the bits flying about, replaced it with a C4 Buggy and like the C5 had a huge amount of power but it was all delivered at once.

Ran that for 3 years and replaced C4 and Storm, now run with a Collari XS something....the best of the lot, plenty of power, great delivery and wonderful to tune, holds tune for weeks, never blown a plug, never flamed out.

i'm running the stock 24.7 in mine. awesome engine, great reliability and power

I run two engines interchangeably, keeps the mileage down on both.

Number 1:
JP Mod Pro99 Buggy (no longer available!)
Long stroke, 14mm crankshaft, 7+2+3 ports.

Number 2:
RB C5 Circuit
Long stroke, 14mm crankshaft, 7+2+3 ports, turbo plug.

Both are killer (very overpowered..), and while the Pro99 mutilates anything and everything I see on the track (ws72's, P5's, all the usual stuff), the C5 pushes the topend mark even further into a crazy scream that is strictly for bashing only.

I am running a os 21 rg in my x-terminator pro cuz i am a poor ass 13 year old.. But hey if you could get a rg for $85, wouldnt you take it????

Buggyracer28 said:
I am running a os 21 rg in my x-terminator pro cuz i am a poor ass 13 year old.. But hey if you could get a rg for $85, wouldnt you take it????

Doing good for 13 if you ask me. I wouldn't mind having an RG for $85.

gonna try a new one soon...just picked up a collari 7 port today. anyone know anything about these or have any advice on it? thanks.

I'm currently running an RB S7 Europa. Nice mid priced engine with plenty of performance packed in. If you saw the footage from our Hampton Bash, Domination, then you saw what it could do pushing my Mugen around.

Just heard that it halls. Never known anyone with one though.

[EDIT] Didn't see the 3rd page. Comments in referance to the Collari 7 port.

Last edited:
thanks. i broke it in and tuned it today. seemed ok but it liked to run a little on the warm side. i didnt feel any power at all til it got around 265 and it was still pretty rich. ill give it some time and see how it goes.
i also dropped my 421b in while i was at the track. this was the first time running it since over a month ago. i installed the werks clutch on it as a last resort just to see if it would help the low-end w/o cooking the motor. well...the first problem i had was the fact that i was trying too hard to get some revs before the clutch engaged and when i assembled the clutch i used the hard spring and cranked it down pretty tight. that was my first mistake. it wouldn't engage til around 25,000 rpm. lol. after taking some tension off of the spring i had it hitting way hard at around 12,000 rpm and i LOVE it!!!
i have never seen anything like the werks clutch. for all of you who are sold on the fioroni sliders and turbo sliders- you need to check this thing out. replacement shoes are only $8 per set instead of $25 and this thing is truely amazing. everyone at the track who saw it has probably already ordered their own.

i heard of a guy running a ws7 II with insane low-end at a track nearby. after some investigating i was informed that he was using a werks clutch. i guess the secret is out...

sorry. i dont remember what site i saw them on but you shouldn't have a problem finding one one fleabay. i got mine from hobbyguyrc. they are kinda pricey but it looks to me like you get what ya pay for.

i did notice on another forum that they like to tighten themselves up after some use but i used loctite on mine and haven't noticed anything like that.

I run a CMB Raptor engine in m mugen X5. It has a ton of power throughout the rpm range. Quality engine and very reliable. I am getting a WS7 2 in the next week or so and will do a comparason when I get time. Hard to imagine a better engine then the Raptor. If buying a used one make sure to get the nova style carb, the older spec flat side carb is great for a expert tuner, but tricky for us regular guys.

Flash- How many tanks have you ran threw it? My VZB took about a half a gallon to fully brake in. Maybe it is running so hot because it isn't fully broken in yet. I'd richen it up a bit, and take it easy for a few more tanks. You'll probably be able to start leaning it out a little at a time as you go untill you get the performance you are looking for, and the temps it should be. This is assuming 265 isn't normal for it. Like I said, I don't have that mill.

i tend to run my motors a bit hotter than some, but then again i haven't had many motors last fewer than 3-4 gallons. in fact my last p5 went through 8 gallons before the front seal fell out and i lost it. keep in mind it was still running strong and for some reason unknown to me it didnt have an air leak. lol

i pulled a bone-headed trick tonight. i dont know how but the screw in the end of the crank twisted off and left only about 1/16th of an inch hanging out. i told the guys at the track that I'm selling everything if i can't get it out. too many reasons other than this fluke though. id go further in to it but it would sound like i was cocky and whining so i wont bother.

Last edited:
You can get the works clutch at CMDI http://www.cmdracing.com/ Please tell Michelle that Joe from CO sent you. I think they run like 75.00 but not sure. I have one and would sell it (not to my liking) but not sure anyone wants my setup. I was one of the people that had the prob. with the screw moving. I had to scratch the threads to stop it from moving down. The people at CMDI run this clutch on the Mac engines and stand by them. I have to say after talking to them about my MAC and the werks clutch they BY FAR have the best customer service in the R/C world. Give them a call and you will see for yourself how nice it is to have a company stand by it's products and the things they sell!!!

Back