What kind of Truggy Motor Do U Have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When in doubt, buy both. I always like to have a spare or two that are race worthy.

Thankfully this season I kept an RB WS7 III as a backup engine. I've used it at least 3 or 4 times now. That little engine just keeps on trucking. I'm not a huge fan of it though, mostly for the type of power it makes. It's a SCREAMER up top, but just so so on the bottom and in the middle. So while I can still clear every jump at our track with it, it takes some work, but down the front straight...man o man. @ 1/3rd to halfway the light switch comes on and the truggy goes into warp speed. First race I had troubles slowing down for the 180 at the end of our straight. It's FAST and I'd love it if our track were more outdoor style instead of Supercross style.

We'll see how the new layout is.....

I think I'm going to sell my Novarossi Plus 28-7T for parts. If I'm going to spend $130 more on an engine....I might as well buy new. Still debating it though. That Nova engine rips.

well i bought the monsoon xtr truggy and believe it or not its a pretty nice setup but i lost signal or something second run and it took off full throttle across a busy street and smashed into a curb lol so its kinda on the shelf for now!!:angry:

Failsafes are your friend. Don't start your Nitro anything without one....

i never have since,and a throttle return spring is a good idea as well but the monsoon never had one.

Oh and Scrogg....I ordered an Alpha S852 last week with an APlus 0801 Pipe. Oooooh yeah baby! Sexy engine....

s852-1.jpg

Yes she is, keep me informed! Hope it runs as good as it looks. My JL .21 is a super smooth, very deceptive engine. It's taking it's sweet ass time breaking in too, but making power right out of the box. Pretty damn happy so far.
I've known Exetreme from another site for quite some time, always wanted an engine modified by him. I broke down and mailed the JL to him Monday. Probably looking at over a month on turnaround due to his location, Canada. It will be worth the wait no matter if it is 3 months... I don't care. The old Picco is still wooping butt for me in the meantime! 7 gallons and still pulls the front of the Kyosho off the ground if I get too throttle happy!
All my race buds have been through a couple Trinity's, V-Spec's and such. I'm still racing the same engine while their's are paperweights.
SavageShaun, sorry to hear about your new truggy. That blows...A TRS will only help if the linkage comes off, don't rely on them. They are not strong enough to overcome a bad servo.

Last edited:
Extreme rc mods

Yeah I've been talking with Robin from extreme rc mods and will be getting a picco .28 for my monster truck when I get my taxes done. He does some nice work.

Reports thus far have been 11-12 min runtimes with the 0801 pipe and 8+ gallons without a P/S/C or parts change at all. Even if it does need one...$95 for the whole setup which isn't bad at all. Conrods are $18! I really have some high hopes for it....We shall see.

I think I'll sell my Novarossi Plus 28-7T now as well. I was going to rebuild it after I shattered the upper conrod bushing.....but I have the RB WS7 III as a backup engine...so I should be good for the season now!

I almost bought a Jammin 21 as well. Read some REALLY good stuff about em for sure.

You gonna hit the Psycho Nitro Blast in March? I'll be there.....

Ninja .21 in a Kyosho ST-R.

This is no longer correct.

I will soon have a Neu 1515 1.5y in what has now been converted to a ST-RR.

New engine came in yesterday. WOW does it look awesome. Cannot wait to start break-in this weekend!

Yep Motogod, plan is to be there with all my buds. Saving dough and getting stuff ready.
I heard the Alpha's are another Go engine cloned...just hearsay, the block does look familiar. Parts for my JL are surpisingly afforable as well. Rod is 20 bucks for example, it's stout though. I see it going an easy 6 gallons.
Anyone wanting a modded engine, you need to check out Exetreme RC Mods.

They do look like GO engines. Huge thread on rctech about em and people saying they are rebadged GOs, but the makers say they are 100% not GO engines. What do I know though....as long as it runs and goes fast I'll be smiling all the way to the bank for $209. lol

I will DEFINITELY be at Psycho Nitro Blast. I can't wait....I imagine my Truggy and Buggy will come home in pieces...but we shall see. haha

They do look like GO engines. Huge thread on rctech about em and people saying they are rebadged GOs, but the makers say they are 100% not GO engines. What do I know though....as long as it runs and goes fast I'll be smiling all the way to the bank for $209. lol

I will DEFINITELY be at Psycho Nitro Blast. I can't wait....I imagine my Truggy and Buggy will come home in pieces...but we shall see. haha
The Psycho....you better believe we'll ALL bring home a lot of broken "trophies"
You planning to run Sportsman or Pro? I think I'll run Sportsman just to stay out of the true pros' way.
I'm going to try and get away with the Extreme RC Mods pipe.....:D
Nobody else's poop will sound like mine for sure! Those pipes make them sound like motocross bikes!
Edit; I can already see the look on peep's faces when it fires up in the pits!

Last edited:
This should just about cover it...... :whhooo:

:hehe:

You referring to my post or our deal?

I know! Starting to get excited. My friends pooped a brick when I told them I bought the pipe too. They don't understand. One day they'll catch on. Even if I can't race it much, it's pretty enough to put with my trophies. To me it's one of those things like a T.T. chassis for the Savage. STILL hating myself for selling both sets I had. Nothing like quality designed stuff by a TRUE enthusiast. I'll buy these kinds of things over Taiwanese mass produced tin can pipes anyday. I may not race forever but that pipe will be with me till I die. I can bolt it on any basher. Plus being the only guy in the Southeast with one of your engines... I've experienced 3 RB mods, 1) TNT mods and one other STS .30 mdified by you know who....his was the best hands down. I have also have a friend who uses Adam's modifed JPX .21, he loves it.

I'll be doing Sportsman for sure. With only one season under my belt...not ready for Pro at all. I will be a speed bump for sure! Plus it will be my first race of the season with the new engine and new radio and all the other goodies. It should be a BLAST though. My first big event. I went to watch the Fall Brawl in Mrytle Beach last month, but didn't race.

We had Brandon Melton and Barry Pettit show up to our local track this past weekend. WOW do those guys FLY! We're hoping the new track attracts some fast guys this season. It truly is AWESOME.

Here is a panoramic of it:
file.php