What kind of Truggy Motor Do U Have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an MBX5T with a modded ax .32 in it with a savage roto-start and nova carb for better tuning.

Hey man,what are you running the OS 28 in? I'm thinking of trying one in the Xray XT8,009.

I'm running a RbMods worked nova/rex p5x longstroke .21 in my 8t. I'm new to running a .21 size motor. I have only ran 26-28 sized monster truck motors so I don't have anything to compare it to but it's a screamer. Revs to the moon in comparison.

Attachments

• IMAG0964.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMAG0966.jpg
    IMAG0966.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 140
OS .28 XZ in a Hyper ST Pro. It flys! that engine deffinatly has balls

LRP Z.28R spec 3 truggy motor with JP 4 pipe in RC8T with axial .28 rr for back up and a RB TM523 in revo.

Running a Trinity Extech 2 Full mod .24 in my 8T 1.0 not even a gallon yet and its starting to scream!!!

Running a Trinity Extech 2 Full mod .24 in my 8T 1.0 not even a gallon yet and its starting to scream!!!
You don't even need the mod on that engine. It's a freakin' beast stock!
Keep an extra cooling head on hand, they are famous for cracking easily.
Wait till it totally relaxes, then it is damn near uncontrollable. Not a short course engine by any means!
Hopefully I 'll be running a Werks B5 .21 next season, part of a new race team we're putting together. Werks is making a friend a regional rep, he's making the team.
I'll miss my Picco's, I was so looking forward to the JL .21 red dot.

Yea i got almost a gallon now and its starting to scream!! Luckely my local track is huge.

the stock mach 427 in my mug.absolute killer mill.:D

Werks deal fell through...No big deal..I get to run exactly what I wanted to.
I bought myself a Picco JL Red dot .21 for Christmas.:whhooo:
LOVE my Piccos!

I hope it was... I went back and reread the E-Bay listing. He listed it as a .21 JL, but all the specs are for the .28 JL......Plus the Ofna part number he gave does not show up on Ofna's site. It's not the part number for the .28 JL either, I checked. I'll run the .28, it will be too much engine 90% of the time. I did leave him a message about his mistake. hopefully he'll have an answer for me Monday.
He's a reputable seller, I don't for see any problems.... but I really wanted the damn .21!! Fuel consumtion is a big issue to me.

Maybe you should get a JPX.21 and mate it with a 086 pipe. Screaming top-end and more bottom than many .28's.

Mine is modded by Clockwork Racing Engines, he smoothed out the power band and now it's smooth as silk.

I pretty much have the same thing. It's the same engine but with a standard head button.
It's a Fully Draked Trinity .21 made by Picco, It's a fully balanced, blueprinted, and modded engine. I run a 086 pipe on it of course too. 7 gallons and counting. Still rips ass, smooth too. Good weather and fuel, it goes over 10 minutes a tank.
I just spoke with the E-Bay seller, he says I am indeed getting the .21 JL Picco.
Should be better than the Jammin, it's a newer design. We'll see after a gallon or two!

I've got my Truggy motor choices narrowed down to a Werks B5, or an Alpha (not the Orion Alpha!) http://site.alpha-rc-usa.com/

Both $200 price range motors. I was planning to run my Novarossi Plus 28-7T, but I destroyed the upper conrod bushing at the last race of the season....so still deciding if I want to rebuild it or not.

Love the .28....and I get like 9-10 min of runtime out of it easily......

Get the Werks b5 and a 2013 pipe. Killer engines.
I may still get one myself. I've never seen the Alpha's before?
The Orion alpha's are good, you just have to use their pipe, a 2066 or something like that. A Kyosho factory team driver I know runs the .21 in his buggy. He's always in the top 3 pro A main's. Usually wins by several laps, he's a hell of a driver.

My work blocks Youtube!!!!!!!
I'll check it out later on.
Moto I know from first hand knowledge a Picco or Werks will last twice as long and perform great doing so. Again I have never laid hands on a Alpha. There is a good reason you see a ton of 1-2 gallon V-Specs on E-Bay. I love the V-specs performance, absolutely amazing, the new Werks is right there with it or better.
Turns out my bud is going to do the Werks rep. thing. I can maybe get you a deal after the new year.
I still say the Werks is the way to go. Very nice quality internals.
Don't forget about the nova P5's! With a 2053 they'll kill a V-spec. My buddy has a modded one he does not run because it's too violent with a proper tune! His Mugen turns into a ski mobile with that engine, with 2 gram clutch shoes on it!

I pitted for a fellow club racer running a B5 at the last race. Topped him off before the B Main....he never came in for fuel! lol I thought for sure I'd be chasing his buggy down....that little B5 SCREWS and sips lightly on the fuel tank. I'm still debating....especially since they are the same price....

Maybe I'll buy one of each ;-)

Last edited: