What kind of Truggy Motor Do U Have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran a os vspec jp modd in a crt for a while those motors rip ass and the non modded ones at the track held there own up against mine good luck keep us posted............

Engines

I have two engines that I use in the Jammin' (HN) X1-CRT (not at the sime time.. of course)

First up in an RB WS7-II .21, with Vantage CF "top speed tuned" pipe.
In the RB tradition it has decent power, revs nicely and gives me nice top end speed with fairly good run times
I use this on the flatter surface grass track that has big jumps covered in astro turf.

Secondly is the big, bad RB TM928 .28 with the Jammin' big bore pipe.
This sucker impresses to no end. It has so much "oomph" it's unbelievable, but it is thirsty, giving me a 5½ minute run time at best!
I use this on my local track which is a combo of clay, grass, astro turf and a long concrete straight.

I have two engines that I use in the Jammin' (HN) X1-CRT (not at the sime time.. of course)

First up in an RB WS7-II .21, with Vantage CF "top speed tuned" pipe.
In the RB tradition it has decent power, revs nicely and gives me nice top end speed with fairly good run times
I use this on the flatter surface grass track that has big jumps covered in astro turf.

Secondly is the big, bad RB TM928 .28 with the Jammin' big bore pipe.
This sucker impresses to no end. It has so much "oomph" it's unbelievable, but it is thirsty, giving me a 5½ minute run time at best!
I use this on my local track which is a combo of clay, grass, astro turf and a long concrete straight.
I also have a rb modded 928 and man it is like a light switch on off power I took this motor out after two races just to much for me!!!!use it just to go bash now wich is never...

I also have a rb modded 928 and man it is like a light switch on off power I took this motor out after two races just to much for me!!!!use it just to go bash now wich is never...

I hear you dude!
The TM928 is what I term as my "Jester Engine" as it will wheelie out of corners, go down the high traction straights riding on the rear wheels and wing and tear down the 40 metre straight like a bullet (14T clutchbell) with the tires ballooned up like pizza cutters.

There is such a thing as too much power, but admittedly it's the most awesome engine I've ever run.

Do u NEED a bump box style motor on a mbx5t?

I run an LRP28R Spec 3 in my XRay Truggy. I just picked up an MBX5T that had a Novarossi 28 Plus 7 port in it though...so I'm going to give that one a whirl when I get time to swap it over. The LRP absolutely RIPS in the Truggy and they sell new now for @ $160

Can I use the rotostart on my lrp with the mbx5t?

If you can find some engine mounts for your Mugen that lets the engine sit higher, you can.

Currently running a Clockworks MR Ninja .28 in my 8T 2.0, but have a Clockworks Jammin JPX21 on the way as well.

currently running the stock losi 454 .28 but i just purchased a dynamite platinum .28 a guy i run with has this motor and its got way more torque then my stock losi. and the stock motor has torque for days.....

I'm running an axial .28 s1. think its good, not the best one, but decent.

O.S. V-Spec in My BCE Edition Matrix Arena.
Screams and never seems to run out of fuel! Those .28's are done in 7-8 min and I am going for 11!

I have two Adam Drake Trinity Platinum .21s. One is Draked (full mod), the other is not. They are based off the JPX .21/Picco P7 Evo 2 engine. I get over 10 minutes on 150cc of fuel and i have only been outran by a modded Trinity ExTech .24 at my local track. Even the Ninja .21s can't get away from me.
Most tracks I run are medium size, we rarely get above 30 mph. The Farm in Charlotte is the only exception, you better have a .24 to a .28 with a larger CB installed. Lots of open straightaway time.
Next engine.....hopefully Picco will release a new Red Dot .21 sometime soon. Picco engines keep their compression longer than any other brand I have owned.

got a LRP Z.28 spec 3 in my hellfire, goes like mad....

got a LRP Z.28 spec 3 in my hellfire, goes like mad....

os 30 on my rc8t just replace the .28 pro that was on it

Bigger is not always better....the 21 V-spec will kill the .30, it's all in what you like though.
Sadly my Trinity's are in need of bearings and rods.
I'm running a fuel thirsty Platinum .28 now. Uses twice the fuel my .21's do....