What is this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.30savage

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Found this on one of my drives...it's freaking huge,the wheels are all steel,there is three of them,the rear wheel swivels on a pivot arm...but only to the right.There is no connection to the stack up top..and the motors were gone.Anyone know what it is?..

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

From what I gather, it appears to be some sort of logging machine made by the LG Le Tourneau company. They made heavy machinery such as bull-dozers, cranes, whatever. It appears the company went out of business some time around the 70's.
It also appears the LG Le Tourneau was a great man, a well respected philantropist (or however the hell u spell it). And he was also a great inventor awarded some 300 patents. His company also built much of the land moving equipment for the allies in WWII as well. I beleive he may have had some dibilitating disease or accident, or whathave you, that confined him to a wheelchair.
He actually sounds like an interesting person...someone I wouldn't mind doing a report on for school.

Last edited:
The company is up and kicking. I used to have a buddy that worked for them.

If it is sitting on top of a hill.It is a donkey...They use it for running cables across cleared units.

I got it!
Maybe??? Looks like the top part was added? Most of the paint on any of the equipment is pretty heavy and not a sign of paint on that.

They made a "jungle buster."
"Jungle Buster" Tree Crusher. - 95,000 lb (43,000 kg.) electric tree crusher designed specifically for removing unproductive forests. Working under rough conditions, such as 30 percent slopes, averages an acre of land every 21 minutes. On level cut-over areas with heavy hardwood stands, the average was an acre (0.4 ha.) every 17 minutes.

Also had what they called a "tree crusher."

Used one in Vietnam.

Look something like that??
Found a link. http://www.mackenziechamber.bc.ca/tree_crusher.htm

Last edited:
the first pic of the tree crusher..that is it..you can see the pivot arm for the one rear wheel plus the huge arms sticking out of the front also..i was leaning towards Zandors answer because...it is right on top of a hill on one side of a valley.They must have pulled the motors and left it sit...the steel wheels are sunk into the ground about 3 feet.

Did I win anything????

Took about an hour of Google for that one. :hehe:

I had to know what it was. Been around equipment all my life, and never seen something like that.
I'm guessing they would come behind it with a rake of some sort? If that was all ya used would be a hell of a mess.
Wonder why they added the stack?

Wonder why they added the stack?

A donkey winch..They used it to Winch between units.
It probley was old so they parked it at the top on a clearing.And used the power of it to run a log boom.To a landing.

ZANDOR said:
It probley was old so they parked it at the top on a clearing.And used the power of it to run a log boom.To a landing.

I won!!!

ZANDOR said:

I won!!!

No you didn't.
I got what it was made for! You just guessed what they used it for after they junked the damn thing! :hehe:

Wait a minute... What was the prize?

I kept looking at the stack, thinking some sort of mulcher was added later on?
They put the stack off to one side because that was where all the weight would be?
Be interesting to see some old pics of it being used both ways.

Back