Up grade/Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D arrow

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all, it has been a while since my last post, sorry been busy at work.
Can anyone pls give me some input on these two engines? I'm thinking about up grading the engine & these two got my attention, LRP or OS, thx all in advance.

Can someone pls give me some input? thank you in advance.

either motor is a good choice. which specific motors are u thinking tho

I have a 3.3 on my Revo, which one of these two would you recommend? I'd like to up grade without making too much modification on the truck.

without much modification the o.s. .21 would be the way to go. but if you dont mind putting steel cvd's throughout the lrp should be ok for a bit but then the tranny will start stripping gears with that kind of torque. Also to put the lrp in you will need a true big block mount from racer66 but if you wanna spend that much on a o.s. i would put a picco .26 i have one in my revo and i love it a little harder to tune but a great motor. if you go with a picco tho you will deff want to run a big block pipe as with really any upgrade bc stock just dont cut it

without much modification the o.s. .21 would be the way to go. but if you dont mind putting steel cvd's throughout the lrp should be ok for a bit but then the tranny will start stripping gears with that kind of torque. Also to put the lrp in you will need a true big block mount from racer66 but if you wanna spend that much on a o.s. i would put a picco .26 i have one in my revo and i love it a little harder to tune but a great motor. if you go with a picco tho you will deff want to run a big block pipe as with really any upgrade bc stock just dont cut it

Thx for all the input CH, I did some research & I think I will go with these one. (O.S. Max 21TM Engine with Revo Manifold) It's suppose to be a drop in with no mods. I'll update, as I go along with the new power plant.

Here's a snap shot of the engine.

OS.jpg

Specifications
Displacement: 0.21 cu in (3.4cc)
Bore: 0.669" (17mm)
Stroke: 0.590" (15mm)
Practical RPM: 3,000 - 35,000 RPM
Output: 1.8 PS, 1.77 HP/29,000 RPM
Weight: 8.57oz (243g)

The OS has been a fav or the racers on the Revo for years because of its powerband and its high revving. The Picco is a basher's friend because of its brute power.