Time to move on!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy rider

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Welp, I run my revo with the sledge tires on it. It’s really quick. The car is perfect. I’m pleased.

So, when I got done, I did my storage clean. I decided the motor was simply running too good to be able to justify a major tear down and partial rebuild. I’ll just wait until it starts fading. Traxxas motors are too cheap to do it any other way. Just in the name to do it. Plus, they are very pleasant to break in with that carb.

Anyways, I broke this car in fast. And hot. I got the temperature up and kept it up. I eased up the fourth and fifth tanks. But, I leaned it out both tanks. And ended within 3/16 on the hsp needle tube on the fifth tank. The sixth one I tuned it and have been running it hard ever since. But, I did idle almost 1 tank in before starting that ritual. It’s been running hard and fast ever since.

And, it’s the easiest starting motor I’ve ever seen. This is the third run in two weeks it’s started on the first pull. I’ve run it three times in the last two weeks. It’s batting 100%.

Any how, I did the same for my OS and stock tmaxx’s. It’s time to rest them a while.

So I can finish my TMAXX 2.5!!!!!!

I’m looking forward to it. I got fishing trip plans for tomorrow. If they get rained out, the Tmaxx gets tore into!!!

Pics soon to follow!!!!’

Very much looking forward to some pics.

Whats your experience with the OS engines? I've been looking into picking one up for my Tmaxx. The 3.3 is a fine engine but 17mm hexes and big ol 1/8th scale MT tires leave me wanting more power, even after an upgraded clutch and slightly softer clutch springs.

To be honest with you, I don’t have that problem with the 3.3. Every one of My 3.3’s will all wear a os 11k carb. Because It totally reinvents the performance of that motor.

I’m running upgraded hex’s and a tire that’s a good bit faster due to its height, on both my os 21 tmaxx and a 2.5 revo chassis, nearly 100% rebuilt with newer parts, that’s running a 3.3 with the os 11k carb. The revo is just as fast and runs just as hard through its power range, as the 21 does. It’s a beast with that carb.

However, where they differ is in over all power. The 21 is simply a lot stronger. The speed increase the tires give both setups is noticeable. However, the 3.3 with the OS carb is running as hard as a motor can run to do this. While the OS motor is easily in its comfort range.

This is the best way I know to describe it. The 3.3 and OS carb is a true joy. Because it’s running as hard as a motor can run without damaging itself. You feel it. It’s just fun running a great running nitro. It’s a joy to tune too. While you can just feel the OS21’s power. It goes through it power range so much quicker then the 3.3 can. Gears limit it early in a speed run. It’s just got a lot more power reserve left.

The OS is a far superior motor. No question about it. Everything about it is better. But, to maximize that motor in a Traxxas revo or tmaxx, you’ve got to run a taller tire. I’m probably a 1/2 taller. It still is over geared with the OS.

If you want top shelf quality, buy the OS 21 expecting it. Because the motor you get will be.

Very much looking forward to some pics.

Whats your experience with the OS engines? I've been looking into picking one up for my Tmaxx. The 3.3 is a fine engine but 17mm hexes and big ol 1/8th scale MT tires leave me wanting more power, even after an upgraded clutch and slightly softer clutch springs.
The OS 21 TM does everything a 3.3. Only does it a lot easier. Now, the power upgrade is not as beneficial as you’d like to dream unless you gear the stock set up higher. I did it by tires. Sledge ones to be specific. They increase performance substantially.

But, if you want an incredible performance increase to the 3.3, put an os11k carb on it. It’ll run the stock setup unbelievable.

I have a spare 11k just looking for a place to run, I just can’t decide what to get 🤣 I have a cool slash idea (I think), our 2.5 tmaxx is pretty fun and I wouldn’t mind a 3.3. But then there’s the revo 🤦‍♂️

Lost, it totally reinvents the 3.3. I’d highly recommend it on either.

A stock 3.3 runs well. It’s got power with the stock carb. But, it’s a night and day difference with an 11k carb.

Lost, it totally reinvents the 3.3. I’d highly recommend it on either.

A stock 3.3 runs well. It’s got power with the stock carb. But, it’s a night and day difference with an 11k carb.

I agree, when I ordered the 11k for the 2.5 they were kinda hard to find, found a place that had 2 so I ordered them both. Now I just need another truck to put the second one on 🤣