Tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to tune your car when it is having trouble starting or a bit jumpy at the controls or its performance has decreased. there are three tuning needles Low Speed Needle (LSN), High Speed Needle (HSN) and Idle Speed Needle. for the LSN and HSN you turn the screw clockwise to lean the mixture and anti-clockwise to richen the mixture (the more lean a engine is, the higher the air fuel mixture is) and for the idle screw if you turn it clockwise it will increase idle speed and anti-clockwise to reduce idle speed.

Look at this video because it helped me out a lot. The person who made this video has many other Nitro How-To's Etc.

I hope you have some luck :)

woops, here is the link haha [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkzpdZGGXPM&feature=relmfu"]YouTube - Nitro RC Engine Tuning Guide and Diagnostics: By Squirrel[/ame]

you want to keep track of your temp aswell to make sure you dont lean alittle to much or incase you dont have it running lean enough the temp will be low..

Because I did one tank of break in so far and I have been having some trouble starting my car with the pull start. Sometimes it is hard to pull or it takes a long time to start.

it will be hard to pull because the engine isnt broke in. from my understanding the internals of ur nitro when new dont exactly fit 100% so that will be why it is hard to pull, pretty much the piston is to big for the sleeve, when u run the rc and get it up to temp the metal used expands, and forms the idea fit to give u the compression needed for ur engine to run sweetly. its why it takes so long to do it and why u should take ur time doing it, more care took now will pay of in the long run.
how often do u tune it is up to u, everytime I'm out i carry a screw driver with me and incase there is some tweeking to be done. different air temp, humitidy etc will all affect ur nitro.
if its hard to start check ur glow plug, i went through 3 in one break in session. get online and buy a pack of them, ul always need them.

other than that dude, always carry a spare plug and spanner, and a flat head screw driver for the carb, take ur time breakin it in and follow instructions that are given. dont get tempted to blast it until u do, ul have plent of time to do that soon enough.

Loosen the glow plug slightly to bleed off some compression. When it starts, tighten it down.
You can also lean your LSN slightly.

last person I heard did that on here had a nitemare and no running truck at the moment. If your buggy came with a video,booklet or anything read it or watch it very helpfull.. me and my kids watched and read the stuff and the kids have a lot better of an idea of what is going on with them, and what I am doing to them to get them to run at times.... break in is a bitch but an idea get you motor warm before you start it with a hair dryer.( I saw that idea on here not to long ago it will help it start easier... Good luck.

When I first got into nitro, I had my lhs do the break in while watched as well as show me how to tune the engine properly including where and how to take the temperature.

yeah being there is alot better the other person had left it there and let them do what they wanted pretty much.. so yeah better advise.. always be with your truck when it is being ran.. and yeah that is the best way to learn is by watching or just jumping in and trying, Its not as hard as it seems when you get to know your rig it will be secound nature to you.