Engine not idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
When the engine does not have a clutchbell (completely no load), it does not want to return to idle. It has the RPM like I apply 40% throttle. I have to block the intake with my finger for 3 seconds just for it to return to idle. The engine sounds very well tuned. Will this be different when the engine is under load?

(Nitro engine)

Two different things. The clutchbell being removed shouldn't affect. But not having a flywheel will.
That's right: clutchbell doesn't rotate at idle so it doesn't bring any inertia with it

I just found out a reason maybe why it's like this:

The engine has hardly compression. Why I conclude?
-I can start the engine with pullstart without holding the car
-it's a PITA to start the engine.
-When it does start, it acts OK, but hardly any power
-sounds very well-tuned while having all these symptons
-stalls easily at low RPM

Luckily I own 11 nitro engines and 6 nitro powered RCs so I'm fineđź‘Ť kinda sad tho, it's a thundertiger .12

Well the pads inside it would act just like a flywheel.
Oh the clutch shoes, that's right

When the engine does not have a clutchbell (completely no load), it does not want to return to idle. It has the RPM like I apply 40% throttle. I have to block the intake with my finger for 3 seconds just for it to return to idle. The engine sounds very well tuned. Will this be different when the engine is under load?

(Nitro engine)
Yep

Back