Traxxas XO-1 Reaches 101MPH on Dyno!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats is pretty dam cool and its on a RC Dyno. I've never seen that before.

Thats just too fast for anything like that...

0 aerodynamic resistance...

Agreed, give it a tailwind and see what happens.

I'm not really impressed with something that you need to have a large flat area to run. 1/10 or 1/8 scale is one thing, you can tool around the street or a parking lot. But something that goes 100mph is begging for a brick wall to jump out. I can't wait to see the first video of somebody demolishing one by accident. THAT will impress me! :D

Guys are hitting well over 100mph in standard mall parking lots and streets with the XO-1.
Lots of video on the tube of HS runs and crashes.
Here’s a good one.
This is what happens when you hit 75 without a body and the correct splitter installed.
I give the guy a perfect 10 on the backflip even though it was an accident.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XobegD0BkJo&feature=player_embedded"]Traxxas XO-1 OnBoard GoPro 75mph back flip flip - YouTube[/ame]

honestly thats not that impressive considering there are rustlers that will run in the 80's... i had a kentucky state trooper clock my old rusty doing 86 mph in a grocery store parking lot. granted i had alot of time and parts invested, brushless with metal rear drives, rpm parts, lipo, gearing etc. the electric funny cars do that kind of speed in 132 feet. so what really makes this that special? the backflip is pretty cool i will give you that.

I kinda like the idea of converting a slash to a sweet rally car!

Peace,
Story
Proud owner of a Revo 3.3 and a Slash 4x4

Been reading others ideas all day on it! Want to build from parts! I just got a slash and it does handle nice on and off road!

Last edited:
Back