Toyota Hilux Sub-Zero MEX Short Edititon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FREEDOM83

RCTalk Champion
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Love the weathering effect and the realism of that old school radio antenna!

Last edited:
Awesome rig. If it were mine I would weatherize white spoked wheels.

I didn't notice the kill marks on the drivers door before, should have expected it with that Zero paint scheme. 🤣 Looks great, some of the best weathering I've seen.

Like your new avatar too. :thumbs-up:

Can't wait to see the whole truck with the shortened bed. Looks great! Are you planning on wearhering the weld bead?

I didn't notice the kill marks on the drivers door before, should have expected it with that Zero paint scheme. 🤣 Looks great, some of the best weathering I've seen.

Like your new avatar too. :thumbs-up:

Thank you so much !! I bought the bodysuit already painted and decorated, I fell in love when I saw it

Can't wait to see the whole truck with the shortened bed. Looks great! Are you planning on wearhering the weld bead?

Yes, I want to make something that emits a bead of solder to "hide" the cut.

Makes you want not to paint it, how good it looks just shot peened

Thank you so much !! I bought the bodysuit already painted and decorated, I fell in love when I saw it

Yes, I want to make something that emits a bead of solder to "hide" the cut.

Makes you want not to paint it, how good it looks just shot peened

So is the chassis going to get a cool rusty paint job? Looks great man.

So is the chassis going to get a cool rusty paint job? Looks great man.

I have no idea about doing paint like that honestly, the idea was to powder paint them in black like Martin sold them at RcModelex, but I liked it in bright gray, maybe a coat of varnish and it will stay like that, in the afternoon I will see how remains with the body and the axles

I have no idea about doing paint like that honestly, the idea was to powder paint them in black like Martin sold them at RcModelex, but I liked it in bright gray, maybe a coat of varnish and it will stay like that, in the afternoon I will see how remains with the body and the axles
When you sit the body on it I'm sure you get some ideas. You make me want to build one, so nicely done, as usual.

Was just thinking. You actually drive your trucks, so the chassis will weather itself 😉

Was just thinking. You actually drive your trucks, so the chassis will weather itself 😉
This ^^^^ As much as I love the beater look, I wouldn't touch that nice chassis. As Wicked stated, your trail sessions will get it dirty....naturally!

Something came from Germany, I love that country, honest and sincere people with the prices and the state of the material, not like here where they only buy Injora poop and we think we have gold when it comes to selling, and then we want gold at a price of wood

Aw, you didn't splurged for vinyl seats? 😄

Back