Thunder Tigers new buggy is done and is scheduled to hit hobby shops in September!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the track today. First time I drove in the big barn. http://crcrc.com/ They are only in the big barn for a short time for the Nationals. It was pretty sweet, because I hadn't driven in 3+ months, and I was jonesing pretty bad. There was about 25 buggies on the track at the same time, so it was a little crowded in places, but it was awsome to drive with that many buggies at once.

Oh yeah. Point of the story.

These two dudes from Penn., an Jersey were there with TTR S3's, and I got to check it out. WOW!!!!!!!!!! That thing is slick. They had the pro shock towers, and steering ackerman. I did the old chasis stiffness check, and there was virtually no flex. I didn't get to check it out on the track though. I was too busy driving my own buggy. The guy that had it is obviously bias, but he said it drives far better than anything he has had before.

cool hypedon... everthing I've heard so far has been pretty positive. I think ackerman adjustability is stock and I know the stock shock towers are 7075 although there not red like the optional ones.

They probably aren't as thick either, but some would say buy RTR, and upgrade as you break it, because alot of the Pro parts aren't really needed. I think that is what those guys from the track did. Keep us updated!

The S3 isn't available an RTR form. Kit only as far as I've seen. I tried to call the other day but it was constantly busy so I emailed again. I got mail back today. As I assumed... Ace Hobbies (the only Thunder Tiger american distributer) was behind. His order has been shipped but won't get it until NEXT Thursday. So I probably won't see it until the Tues. following. I'm kinda dissapointed by all the delays but at least Evolution hobbies is gettin back to me with details n stuff in reasonable time. He also said he's gonna send me a little something extra also so that's cool.

I just feel like I've been waiting on everything these days. I don't even know what I'm gonna get first.. The S3 or Gran Turismo 4... AND THERE BOTH PAID FOR! sheesh...

eb4

Well, I picked one up last weekend so I will see how it goes. They include a few extra hop up parts in the kit now. Said something about a few parts could not handle the harsh U.S. tracks when they started bringing it. They are grey like the stock parts but are thicker and more riged. The lhs showed me the differences and they did beef up those parts. Be running an RB S5 to start.

Lessen said:
ahhh... so you do have it... my bad. :) I can't wait to get mine!

You still don't have it!!!!!

I'd be talking to Mario about that!

It's just a saying, and Mario is the guy in charge. I think it originally came about when that Mario Bros. Nintendo game was around. :shrug:

I can't beleive that you guys don't have these things yet. Its starting to sound like Grand tourismo 4, and we all know what thats about...

vbgagnon said:
I can't beleive that you guys don't have these things yet. Its starting to sound like Grand tourismo 4, and we all know what thats about...

YOU WHATCH YOUR MOUTH!!!

Na I'm :jk:

I don't have one on order. Just wish I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vbgagnon said:

TUESDAY BABY! OOOOH YEEEEAAH!

I'm PO'd they took out online play. I'll probably still get it, but it's not the slam dunk it once was.

oh please 500+ cars 50+ tracks "the ring"
better graphics
yeah online play was a let down.,
but the game is still amazing

I'm not so convinced. I think Forza Motor Sports or whatever it's called for the Xbox looks better. It has plenty of cars, it's a sim, AND the cars actually show damage and there's online play.

To be honest, I got pretty bored with GT3 and this seems much of the same.

back to topic. I finally have a UPS tracking number for my buggy so I canceled the complaint. jeez, what an ordeal.

What did we tell you...fileing a complaint always produces results!

Oh, I didn't doubt it. It's just been a more of a hassle than it shoulda been.

1st Lesson of the year: Never buy anything with Paypal that IS NOT in stock and ready to ship.