Thunder Tigers new buggy is done and is scheduled to hit hobby shops in September!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanx. do they have all the hop up parts too?

Well from everything I seen and read about this buggy It should prove most impressive right out of the box, I like how the PDF manual is layed out. However plastic shock spacers for the springs? I'm not sure I like that though... but all in all a kickass little buggy.

speed-phreak said:
However plastic shock spacers for the springs? I'm not sure I like that though... but all in all a kickass little buggy.

this is a good move. I've had threaded shocks, and shocks with spacers. spacers are easier to match preload left<->right and dont change settings mid run like threaded shocks can. have you noticed the kanai buggies come with spacers as well. just my opinion.

CorradoPsi said:
this is a good move. I've had threaded shocks, and shocks with spacers. spacers are easier to match preload left<->right and dont change settings mid run like threaded shocks can. have you noticed the kanai buggies come with spacers as well. just my opinion.
so do the pro spec mugens

yup, lots of pro buggies do, i just used the kanai as an example.

I seen alot of guys with threaded shocks put spacers on anyway, so whats the point.

Wher the hell is this TT S3?

I posted a link to www.evolutionhobbies.com on the first page of this thread. I'm not sure if they still have any or not. The last time I heard from the guy he had 4 on order and 2 were spoken for, but that was before Christmas. I thought I was gonna get one but that didn't happen.

I figured they would be everywhere by now. Hell, it originally said due out in Sep. I'd like to have one, but I mostly just want to see one, and hear how people like it, or not.

yeah, I dunno what's up. Thunder Tiger products just aren't big here. i woulda thought they'd be 'out there' a bit more by now. i'm gonna see if i can find some other places that carry it.

people are still just aquiring thier kits, look for there to be a decent showing of this buggy at major races this year, richard saxton has been slowly putting a team together over the last few months.

It's too bad Associated didn't slap its name on this like they did the MGT. Then there'd be parts and support for it everywhere.

That is what I cannot understand. If Thunder Tiger tried to sell the MGT under the TTR MTA4 name they use in Europe, it would not have sold anywhere close to what they did here. Not taking advantage of AE marketing doesn't make sense to me. However, using the AE name wouldnt make the buggy available to everyone, they are just behind on filling orders. Also, this TTR buggy is just so dang cool, it may sell itself, even if it was using the Smartech or Duratrax name......ok I am stretching a bit :)

Mine will be shipped sometime toward the middle or end of next week. Evolution hobbies orignally ordered 4 kits, they are all sold. That was in December. I have the 2nd order from the 3rd shipment. So he sold out his 2nd shipment in only a couple weeks.There was a bit of a holdup in the retailers (evolution) order because his distributer decided not to ship anymore kits until backup parts were also available. Evolution hobbies has 6 kits on the way with a total of 4 orders @ 6 kits per order. That's 24 kits people! At $500 a pop that's $12,000! I'm hearing that other retailers have not ordered these or have not ordered enough. I havn't found any other i-net retailers that are carrying them. He expects to sell them all as they come in. Now I'm no business man but I think 12 grand is a pretty good size lump of money to invest if you're not sure you can "move the iron" as they used to say in the care business.

I just ordered mine through a hobby shop in Edmonton, Alberta. There was a special net sale, and my price ended up being about $440 US, yee haw! They will have two more in next week, be about $470 US. www.greathobbies.com

damn, good deal dude. Evolution hobbies was runnin a special late last year for $450 as a promotional deal but I wasn't in the market yet. oh well, what can ya do...

Please let me know who is interested in the EB4S3, I might be able to get some for 420 bucks.

Ericke1 said:
Please let me know who is interested in the EB4S3, I might be able to get some for 420 bucks.

I am very interested.

That buggy looks sick! How much is the USD Price do you guys think?? I hope its not more than the MBX5 Prospec, It said in a google article i read that its the best buggy out.