The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modern day slavery is what that is

Oh the joys of living in Canada every doctor has to take insurance and practically all medical procedures are covered under OHIP, which every Canadian has. Only things not covered dental, optometrist, and cosmetic.

The Canadian Consumer Tax Index calculates that in 2012, 42.7 per cent of an average family's income went towards taxes (including all types of taxes imposed by federal, provincial, and local governments)

Not quite as rosy as one would be led to believe.

Yeah 42% seems a little high but it's believable, you also have to think that not all that goes to medical. But I never looked that up and that kind of upsets me now that you mentioned it. I guess it's a big price to pay for free medical, I do enjoy it though kind of less stressful.

If my ex would have had a brain, it would only cost me 900.00. But thats what i get for marrying a dumb ass.

If my ex would have had a brain, it would only cost me 900.00. But thats what i get for marrying a dumb ass.

Sounds like a personal problem to me... When I had braces (back in the bronze age, I'm not quite as old as Rolex) $5000 was about what it cost then.

Got more groceries and an estimate on new glasses (no Seeing-Eye Blonde yet for me).

Sounds like a personal problem to me... When I had braces (back in the bronze age, I'm not quite as old as Rolex) $5000 was about what it cost then./QUOTE]

2 years ago i paid $4800. For my daughter's. My boy needs a head gear, thats why his is so much more. That put a dimple in my budget.

Threw my back out and don't know how, $20 copay at the chiro.

My wifes battery "idiot light" came on in her car yesterday on her way to work. I told her to let it run for 15 minutes or so to try and charge the battery up a bit before she shuts it off. She did. Light was still on when she got home from work. I put a volt meter on the battery, 11.4V. Had her try to start it to check the alternator output... 8v, no start. Jumped it with my other car, started right up, 11.3v at the battery and dropping .01 every few seconds. $228 for new alternator at advance auto, installed it while gritting teeth through back pain from the morning adjustment... still 11.3v. Checked internet, found that a lot of alternators don't work when they are refurbished (only one I could find in the area was refurbished), go back outside, take the one out of the good car, put it in the bad car, 11.3v... weeping in corner over lower back spasms that are slowly subsiding, put both old alternators back where they go, is 10pm now, eat dinner go to bed in fetal position due to back spasms...

Wake up, take wifes car to the shop, return alternator with defeated look on my face, $228 refund. Receive phone call 2 hours later from mechanic, 3 feet of 14 gauge wire and misc shop parts, $17. Knowing which wire needs fixed, $230.

Now retaining the skills necessary to swap an alternator in my sleep, priceless.

Nothing worse than a misdiagnosed car problem, can be very expensive. And back pain to go with it, had to suck really bad...

Wake up, take wifes car to the shop, return alternator with defeated look on my face, $228 refund. Receive phone call 2 hours later from mechanic, 3 feet of 14 gauge wire and misc shop parts, $17. Knowing which wire needs fixed, $230.

Now retaining the skills necessary to swap an alternator in my sleep, priceless.

Been there dones that. Changed plugs wires, rotor and cap once. Two moths later having serious problems. I KNOW it's not the wires... they are new.....it was.

Ordered a pair Icon Pursuit Stealth riding gloves....

Transmission flush, oil change, tire rotation. I really need to invest in a jack and maybe a creeper so I can start doing this my self.

17mm wheel hexes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My couch kicked the bucket, so I bought a new couch. Happened on a pretty good day though, just happened to get my tax return today.

+1 on the ????? for TV Tax.

Air Time RC MSR heli landing gear/skids. Supposed to be much tougher than stock. I've already spent nearly twice what I paid for the MSR on stuff for the MSR... Bitten by the bug again!