The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, just get into RC helis. For the first two years, I had a new heli every time I went to the field from post crash rebuilds. :D

I would love to get a heli... I am practicing on the simulator now. At least with that when I crash... I just hit reset!

I would love to get a heli... I am practicing on the simulator now. At least with that when I crash... I just hit reset!

This is true! Collective pitch helis are by far the most challenging hobby (for me at least), and I've had others that were plenty challenging, that I've ever had. But the reward you get when it all finally clicks is something I'll never forget.

I finally found another pair of 40 series Dirt Hawgs. I got the first set for $8, then I couldn't find them anywhere until yesterday. I could only find them on Amazon for $50, damn rare RC parts....but I now have a full set.

Finally got me some alum skids from a buddy for free, and bought a set of RPM skids for over top, along with a failsafe....should of had one of them on there for a while. :hehe: been lucky with my runaways

My apple tv was starting to act up on me, so finally gave up and got me a apple tv 3. Much smaller and way better than the first incarnation. Makes a perfect companion for netflix as well. :)

Just ordered a 2013 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

Folks around here seem to favor sissamatics even though a 6-speed manual is standard on the Pro-4x. I want the manual so it's going to be at least 2 months before I receive it.:(

Just ordered a 2013 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

Folks around here seem to favor sissamatics even though a 6-speed manual is standard on the Pro-4x. I want the manual so it's going to be at least 2 months before I receive it.:(

Sweet looking ride, is this going to be an everyday driver?

Did you order a specific color Rob? Congrats.

Like a greyish black isnt it? Thats gonna be bad.

4L of 25% nitro, I've never heard of this brand, so I hope it's alright. It was the lowest oil % that they had, 10% vs 16%, Tornado Fuel is the brand.

Pizza bites from jack in the box, mmmmmm.

Like a greyish black isnt it? Thats gonna be bad.

Really dark gray metallic. What I really want is a flat black though. I would have to have that done custom though.

Really dark gray metallic. What I really want is a flat black though. I would have to have that done custom though.

That's a nice setup Rob! Congrats! I have 2006 Tacoma TRD 4x that I bought brand new and still drive everyday. I wanted the 6 speed manual as well and they didn't have it. I live in MD and they had to DX one from somewhere in West VA! What is it with people and not wanting to shift anymore? I love manual transmissions....I feel more in control and shifting is fun! Unless your in traffic... but I live in the country so that is not an issue.

What is it with people and not wanting to shift anymore?

Because it SUCKS!!!! In my younger days I couldn't afford something with an auto tranny so not much choice. Today I couldn't be paid to drive something with a manual tranny as an everyday driver!