The Ugly Truckling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterdays project.....

Cables.jpg

Accessories.jpg

Accessories1.jpg

You are way too adept at minute details.

Well done :D it's awesome lol

This is the greatest thing ever. I have seen so many attempts at concourse detailed bodies. But this is just amazing. Rolex, you HAVE to get this published when it's done.

Yeah, that hood needs to be bungee corded down...

Just noticed the thread is nearing the 1,000 views mark, that's amazing.

How about a rusty ol tool box.
Excellent suggestion, and it's on my to-do list.

This is the greatest thing ever. I have seen so many attempts at concourse detailed bodies. But this is just amazing. Rolex, you HAVE to get this published when it's done.
How would I go about it?

Ya want some bungee cords for it? I'm sure you could rust em up with no problem.

Are you serious? They're beautiful! What would you like in exchange, an extension cord or jumper cables for your tuber?

I took the Ugly Truckling outside and posed it in a patch of dirt. I'll be posting a few photos in a little while.

Are you serious? They're beautiful! What would you like in exchange, an extension cord or jumper cables for your tuber?

I don't need anything in exchange at all buddy, pm me your addy and I'll throw some in the mail for ya. But your gonna need to ugly them up a bit, lol.

It's worse than you think. Here's a closeup of the plug.
cord.jpg

After I made a temporary mount for the axles last night, I took a pic inside.
pic.jpg

Close to sundown, today, I went outside and played in the dirt. Don't worry, my Savage stayed dust free on the shelf.

Dirt1.jpg

dirt2.jpg

dirt3.jpg

dirt4.jpg

Dirt.jpg

Wow, great pics.

It's hard to tell it isn't a real farm truck, that takes a a great mind to pull off something that deceiving.

Wow, who would have ever thought that I would see the day when Rolex actually took a truck outside and put it in the dirt. I'm about to blow these pics up and make sure it's not fake dirt that he made on his desk just to trick us. Looks great Ralph!

Looks great, but why not put it on the savy. I know, I know, it allergic to dirt. lol

I hope you cleaned the bottom of those tires!!!

make sure it's not fake dirt that he made on his desk just to trick us.

Looks great, but why not put it on the savy. I know, I know, it allergic to dirt. lol

Thanks Marauder. The rest of you can bite me.
Okay, okay. I carved up some balsa and painted it to look like dirt. I used halogen lighting to simulate sundown.

It was originally intended for the Savvy, then it just got too old and too beaten. The two just don't work together. It's a VERY extreme version of a "Beauty and the Beast".

Those pics of Mars that the Phoenix is sending back look awful suspicious now. If Ralph can do it maybe........???????....hmmmmmm.

thats really the most beautiful ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life.

i agree with marauder, i can barely tell if thats a real truck or an RC lol

you did an amazing job on this truck, Now top that! lol

lol I can't believe the detail on that thing! Great job man.

OH NO, Rolex is Over the Hill!

i think that means we have to send you some male strippers, but ill have to check my over the hill handbook....

Hehe

Back