The Ghost Nitro???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saidin270

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I was out running the MT2 hitting some small jumps nothing major. Well it hits kinda hard and flips a few times and lands rubber up. I go over and flip it back over to find the car just take off by itself. I'm hitting the brake trying to make it stop but the damn thing continues. I steer it into a bush with the throttle fully stuck open. I quickly pinch the fuel line and find the problem, the throttle servo came off and the throttle was left wide open. I quickly fix the problem and make sure nothing else came loose. I fire it back up and the same thing happens again but this time it drives into a chain fence with the throttle open again. I check everything again and make sure the servos work, which they do. I can't find the problem, what would cause the throttle to be stuck open even though I'm using the brake??? Anyone have any ideas?

Are you saying the horn seperated from the gear? In this situation a failsafe wouldn't help but a throttle return spring sure would. Attach it so that it pulls the arm back to idle. While this won't fix your problem (I would have to see it to fix it) it will keep your rig from running off on you.

Check to make sure the servo isn't stripped. Maybe the part that the servo arm connects to is stripped so the servo can't move it. Also, make sure that you have the Tx set to it's regular position when you reset the servo horn position.

all the servos work properly and everything is set to stock. I dont know what went wrong? Ill have to mess with it more tomorrow.

you really need a throttle return spring. cheap insurance!

I messed around with my nitro again last night and it ran fine. I ran it for about 3 tanks w/ no problems so I guess its all good. Thanks for the help though guys!

make sure the switch on your controler is setup right make sure its not on reverse

Back