Temp Guns?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by agjell

Damn, hope they worked on it, I got mine today:(. Gonna test it in boiling water.

I don't think they are water proof!! :cheers:

just because I have too: remember not to tune to a temperature. tune for performance, sight, sound, feel, etc. and keep temps in mind for longevity.

I like my Raytek Mini Temp. also works in the kitchen.

wiita

I tested it in boiling water earlier today, just the temp probe of course. Measured 99.9 degrees Celcius, can't really be more correct than that :)

are these laser temp guns or does it just sense the heat?? i use a laser temp gun but it can be switched to non laser so should i switch to non laser??

The Venom On-Board Temp Gauge is pretty accurate. When compared to a Duratrax there was a 2 degree difference. However, with any On-Board sensor with a probe there can be problems. I found that one day my Venom was reading 20 degrees higher than the Duratrax. Hhmmmm....how can that be.
Removed the VTG and cleaned the probe with brake cleaner. It seems it was caked with oil and grime. Fortunately, temperatures returned to normal.

So just remember if using an on-board temp gauge of any type, periodically it will need a quick cleaning for an accurate reading. Other than that I love it!