Tell Us What Youve Broke

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrojunkie

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want to know all your breakages.

I've done

3 bumper supports
1 upright
1 dogbone
and now
1 ali cooler head

do you think I should get a new head or a hyper 8 port instead not that bothered about tuning it breaking in etc sounds like too much work to me.:eek:

head fin
spur gear, engine knocked out of adj when broke head fin
fuel tank
2 dog bones broke, 1 twisted, rear drive shaft twisted
1 upright
steerign servo gear

all the stock dogs even the frount,rear drive shafts 1 gas tank, a hotbodies hd clutch, 2 shocks,1 servo got a metalgear now,6 uprights,busted hub on aftermarked rim. got a 8port so everthing will brake faster. i forgot 2 hpi hd dogbones crome .does anyone know the strongest dogs are i would like to know.nitrojunkie get 8port

2 - bulkheads
1 - upright (old style)

All on order and should be in on Thursday :D

-WoodiE

If anything is on Backord Woodie I can get it for you tomorrow - let me know ASAP or they will be gone.

Yeah - you can buy me another radio. :D

-WoodiE

I have broke my front a arms and blew 1 engine

2 Pull Starters, and part of the throttle linkage.
But I got my 8port broke in!

front arms
front shock tower
diff screw
rear hub carrier
front rim
2 ballstuds

head fins
engine
brake hub
chassis, bent out of shape, but repairable

Originally posted by mquejr
head fins
engine
brake hub
chassis, bent out of shape, but repairable

But takes forever for him to repair.

I broke a head fin
a arm
b arm

Damn, I dont have a Savage.

1 head fin
4 dog bones
1 stearing servo
1 stock am radio antenna on the truck ( upgraded to FM)
1 rim

NCNitro is on the ball.... What a dumba$$... I'll check the forum first next time..... Sorry

Last edited:
Man - talk about bad luck. I seriously pound the living snot out of this thing and can't break squat!!!! Maybe after I get the Hyper 8 I will start stressing gears or something. But when I tell you I am anal about 'preventative maintenance' I'm not kidding. After every day of running, I pull a lot down and give each screw a tightening and clean and oil what I need to. Although I now have two slightly warped bones. Both in the front of all places. Have the new HPI chrome ones waiting to drop in because of the bad reports I have heard on the GPM Ti ones.

Hey Chris, I think a few guys have not read which forum this is in, but are merely checking the new threads. I know for a fact two of them don't have Savages and are talking about their Ts.

Heheheh - possibly.

Which brings me to reality, I have BLOWN 3 out of the four tires off the rims because I didnt drill the holes in the rim. Big Joe 40's.... DOH!

And I can't find my stock ones - Hey Woodie, did you see where I put them? Or was I not even able to find them? Cause I have no idea where they are. But I did clean before you came here..... Why I dont know lol

just an update I bent all four front shocks today!

I would like to add to my previous comments that i have now broken some more dogbones.
pull start 3 times hyper 8
bumper again.
split bodyshell by the fuel tank.
bent my roll bar.
oh and a whole bunch of flowers and plants n stuff and churned up some grass.:hehe:

Oh ya I forgot to mention my pull start to, At this rate I could have bought me another brand new savage!