Tell Us What Youve Broke

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greenwing7 said:
gotta love bringin back old threads I don't ahve a savage yet to break but I just broke one of those ball stud things that connects to the turnbuckles on my MT when it ran into the curb really fast

my boo boo was hitting a support beam of a very narrow ramp at WOT, I was aiming for the ramp but...missed. Tore the front left wheel off...and pretty much everything connected to it. Like I say....spectacular crash...I have pics of the aftermath...but I am to lazy to resize and post :)

Total distruction

I wrecked my 21 so bad that I could not fix it cheaper than buying the 25 so that is what I did and now have a parts truck.

i have a savage 25 and i have broke a servo a underhead reciver one way bearing.
some of them were because of me because this is my first r/c. but i have almost had it a year.

one front bevel gear and one stering servo

Keith

You guys actually were able to break your Savages?
I've had mine over two years and broke:
1) Rear diff - only because the screws backed out
2) bent the piss out of the stock rollbar jumping - can you call that broken?
3) (really trying here) ooooh, a bumper mount!!!

That's it. I like to jump too so don't think I baby it!!!

I think it's safer for me to tell you what I have not broke.......

My first Savage was the org.21, I spent about 300.00 in New Era parts and tricked it out, then about 130.00 for a 24.7 - and about 8 tanks in, I ran it into a tree and totaled the hole thing.... every thing but the engine and trans was toast!!

I no longer run my RC's at full speed in front of my house...

Then I rebuilt it and jumped it off a 45ft cliff, the first two jumps where sweet. The last one, broke the head off my engine.

1 dogbone - twisted and bented
1 shock shaft - bent

S-25 head, 2 dog bones, 2 spur gears, 1 clutch bell, 1 motor mount, 1 shock housing, about 10 one-way bearing's, 3 pull starts, 3 diffs, 8 diff bearing's, stock steering setup, 1 servo saver and tore the hell out of the body. This is all on my first monster truck.

Everything but the on/off switch.

front a-arm and a carb. broken radio box also broke 2 of the throttle _| linkage near the gas tank + stripped screw holes:)

upright- but still raced the next day and won my race, lol
rear diff gear
steering servo
3 fuel tanks

I keep breaking the little ball things that are in the either the shock towers or the C-hubs of my nMT and then I have to replace the whole thing cause i can't get that little piece of metal out of there, its a real pain inthe ass that a 2c part will put me out of comission for the day. oh well I wll just keep upgrading them to titanium and replace the front shock mount with alluminum :)

greenwing7 said:
I keep breaking the little ball things that are in the either the shock towers or the C-hubs of my nMT and then I have to replace the whole thing cause i can't get that little piece of metal out of there, its a real pain inthe ass that a 2c part will put me out of comission for the day. oh well I wll just keep upgrading them to titanium and replace the front shock mount with alluminum :)

if's it's metal try heating up the tip with a torch a bit and the metal should expand to the point where U can pop out the little ball thingy and pop a new one in....and how do U break it....

savageguy80 said:
if's it's metal try heating up the tip with a torch a bit and the metal should expand to the point where U can pop out the little ball thingy and pop a new one in....and how do U break it....

no, they are threaded in there here is what I keep breaking
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXM472&P=7 and I can't get the piece in there out so i have to replace the entire piece, oh well I will just have to build the savage now
I broke it jumping this little ( i mean really little) mound of dirt and it landed wrong I guess, sucks cuase the other day i drove it for like 1 1/2 hours and nothing broke and took it off my jump like 20+ times and nothing broke so i was bummed ou t

Last edited:
My little additions to the scrap bin:
Spur gear and a steering servo-but I'm taking it out today to see what else I can screw up.