Tekno MT410s - Size comparison

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9x19

Hardcore RCTalk User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Based on a discussion with another member here, I thought I'd post some pics comparing my MT410 and MT410-2.0, with my Traxxas Hoss for a reference.

5JS3DN9.jpg

rggV5oi.jpg

Vh7CKRa.jpg

RPSKlqE.jpg

MT410
MT being monster truck
4 being 4wd
10 being 10th scale
Tekno is not like traxxas where they lie about they car size.

MT410
MT being monster truck
4 being 4wd
10 being 10th scale
Tekno is not like traxxas where they lie about they car size.
But the old MT410 is actually a 1/8 scale truck 😉

Scale is just a mere suggestion in the rc world I've concluded.
Look at the E Revo 2.0. All the size, weight and components of any 1/8 truggy or muggy on the market, yet TRX says 1/10 scale. Hoss and v2 Maxx are both 1/10? Arrma Vorteks and Kraton 4s, same scale, but the Kraton 4s is huge next to the Vorteks.. they must just spin the wheel of scales maybe? LOL.
I think the v1 MT410 was dubbed 1/10 scale due to the fact that the chassis from the SCT410 was used as a starting point. Add truggy arms, drivetrain and 1/8 MT tires, presto. Arrma's 6s stunt trucks (Noto and Outcast)came from a similar origin, put 1/8 scale suspension and running gear onto a 1/10 truck sized chassis. A star is born, LOL.
I just recently decide to convert my sct410.3 to my rendition of an MT410 2.0. All that's really needed is a body, mounts and appropriate MT tires..I slapped an OG Kaiju body and some 2.8 Duratrax six packs on it. The Kaiju body is a tad wide, rubs a bit at full lock of the front wheels but, workable. I need to do some more tuning of the shocks and diffs to make it behave like an MT.

Based on a discussion with another member here, I thought I'd post some pics comparing my MT410 and MT410-2.0, with my Traxxas Hoss for a reference.
What do you think of the Tekno MT410 2.0 overall? ...... my original MT410 is one of my favorite RCs, but I have been thinking if I ever wanted something just a bit smaller I would build 2.0 version

I'm happy with it, it compares quite well to the Rustler/MT10/Hoss/Granite size trucks, but overall beefier components, and better shocks.

Honestly, I could be happy with just the three Teknos, except for the OLD offset they chose to use on the SCT410... I mean how many years has it been since the SCTE was last made? But Proline to the rescue, since they offer wheels with interchangeable hexes that can be setup with the "zero" offset of the old Losi models.

I'm happy with it, it compares quite well to the Rustler/MT10/Hoss/Granite size trucks, but overall beefier components, and better shocks.

Honestly, I could be happy with just the three Teknos, except for the OLD offset they chose to use on the SCT410... I mean how many years has it been since the SCTE was last made? But Proline to the rescue, since they offer wheels with interchangeable hexes that can be setup with the "zero" offset of the old Losi models.
I can't imagine the plastic trucks can match the Tekno for precision. Durability maybe, but the Hoss or Granite feel like a toy by comparison. I know we're talking bashers so, precision may not matter to some. I like my Hoss, Rustler and Bandit too, but they just have a vagueness to them compared to the Tekno's.. even the 6s Arrma's don't compare, sloppy. Of course cost is reflected in that too, some more than others..

I can't imagine the plastic trucks can match the Tekno for precision. Durability maybe, but the Hoss or Granite feel like a toy by comparison. I know we're talking bashers so, precision may not matter to some. I like my Hoss, Rustler and Bandit too, but they just have a vagueness to them compared to the Tekno's.. even the 6s Arrma's don't compare, sloppy. Of course cost is reflected in that too, some more than others..
The Tekno MT410 drives like a racer and looks like a monster truck..... it feels really satisfying to drive. I can't bring myself to use a MAXX or 4S Arrma because of how well it's built and drives. I do love my 6s Arrmas but it does take a few steps to get the steering and suspension anywhere near where I am happy and still they won't ever have the same feel as the Tekno.

The Tekno MT410 drives like a racer and looks like a monster truck..... it feels really satisfying to drive. I can't bring myself to use a MAXX or 4S Arrma because of how well it's built and drives. I do love my 6s Arrmas but it does take a few steps to get the steering and suspension anywhere near where I am happy and still they won't ever have the same feel as the Tekno.
I agree. I too have (had) a v1 MT410. It's an awesome truck. I ended up stretching mine onto an ET48.3 chassis because the ET fits better for my use. I didn't mean to put down any of the other trucks/rc's I mentioned, each have their virtues I feel. However, Tekno is a racing company who happens to have a couple bashers in their lineup, and the pedigree is undeniable. Expensive, yes, but worth it IMO.

Back