Supportin' the LHS...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This thread is bound to make someone cry. So if you are easily made jealous or are faint of heart, stop reading here and hit the back button on your browser.

If you are still reading, and want to find out how I spent $1700 at my LHS this evening...then continue.

Christian, eat your frickin' heart out.

Purchased for my Savage:
Novak synthesized receiver (FM all channels)
HiTec HS5645MG servo (for steering)
New Era aluminum shock towers.

That should take care of my Savage needs.

Now for something I know Christian will really like (yes, I'm picking on the admin):

Purchased:
Mugen Seiki MBX-5 1/8 scale buggy
RB Concepts 7 PORT (model number 1003-S7)
OFNA 086 polished tuned pipe (model number 10056)
RB Concepts air filter (came with five foam replacements)
Novak synthesized receiver (FM all channels)
HiTec HS5645MG servo (for steering)
HiTec HS5625MG servo (for throttle)
Dynamite fuel filter
Two Racer's Edge SP1700 6 cell packs (for the starter box)
Team Losi Race Wrenches (metric hex set)
Venom Racing 6V 1100 MAH NIMH Hump Pack (for the receiver)
Dynamite Twin Peak charger (model DYN4033)
Factory Team Associated Starter Box (model #1750)
Five cans of various colored paint to do my buggy body.

Can you say CHA-CHING?

Yes, I probably could have gotten this all for less...but I had the money to spend and supporting my LHS was the way I chose to go.

Now, where'd I put that instruction manual?

Last edited:
YOU SUCK!

lol

You did great man! And I mean GREAT!

Now I can't wait to get down there and bash with ya'!!!!

The ONLY 2 things I would have done different are:

1 12v Gel Cell for the starter box
OFNA starter box

But hey, thats me! You done good!

Glad you like it. I let the LHS guy sell me the starter box and power supply. I wasn't too keen on getting one, but after looking at the mounting and pull start engines, I decided to go this route. I'm sure I could have mounted up a set of T-Maxx engine mounts and made the pull start work, but I decided to give RCNT's advice a try. If I don't like the engine or the starter box business, I'll get a pull start engine and make a go of it.

Now, I just need the time to put it all together, break it in, and bash the snot out of it.
=devil

and i thought i spent alot today!!! GEZZZ i only dropped $525 but i came out happy :D

:OMG: Hey Sky can I come over and pick your money tree? hehe. What transmitter are you using with your Savage? XS3? If you are could you let me know how well that Novak receiver works with it. I know where I can get a good price on a slightly used one but I don't know of anyone who is using the Novak receiver with the XS3 transmitter. I am using the 75Mhz version of the XS3. Make sure to post some pics when you get your new toy up and running.

My money tree has been about completely defoliated...so you can come grab the spare change. :D

I run the HiTec Lynx 3D full synth radio. It works great with the Novak receivers and digital servos.

As for pictures...believe me there will be pictures. Gotta keep Christian drooling.:drool: over my new :buggy1:

8-0 :whhooo: I am crying..................... Nice! Let's us know how it goes.

Just one thing did you get a fail safe? I would! Great job looks like a killer setup I think you did well for a local HS. Welcome to the world of 1/8 bugyy!:redbuggy:

Nope, no failsafe. Probably should get one. I don't run much more than the throttle return springs on my rigs. As much as this one cost me, a failsafe may be in order. Great call, thanks.

Sky? Isn't that radio the same one that NA uses?

skymoney.jpg

That is entirely possible. I don't really know what the tabloid journalist runs. :D

Nice map. Could you add Hurricane Fabian to it. I like to make sure my money is spent...not blown away.

If I remember correctly NA uses the non-synth version of the Lynx 3D.

So did the LHS poop their pants when they rang it up? I couldn't imagine spending all that at a hobby shop. poop, i'd of at least asked for a discount, some poop.

Nice exchange, Sky.

Every time I call my my LHS's for something as simple as lithium grease or a glow plug or shock oil or a BJ they have nothing.

Happy building, man. We know why you won't be answering the phone for a while.

*sniff* I miss the hobby shop we used to have here. Dude's prices after tax were about the same as Tower's after shipping. Actually, I think I saved money going local.

Friggin' podunk town can't keep a hobby shop. :mad:

Originally posted by wdavidhicks
Every time I call my my LHS's for something as simple as lithium grease or a glow plug or shock oil or a BJ they have nothing.

That's because it's Ultimate Hobbies. The worst place to go. They suck. I don't support hobby shops that suck. Maybe i'll give you directions to Fantasy world, they own.

Sky, good pick. I saw the MBX5 out at the track and they run very well. I like the choice on the S7, I'm jealous. I should have bought that instead of the picco 26.

I was just wondering, what did you LHS say about the associated starter box (in terms of durablility)? I used my associated starter box to power my inferno w/picco 26. I didn't have to many starts. I wore out one motor and I just wore out my second motor. I had problems with the picco to start off with. So I just slapped my Savage 21BB on the inferno for now. I'll be pullstarting for awhile. I'm not saying the same will happen to yours [starter box]. I was just wondering what they said about it.

nice purchase sky. it's a shame that you're going to bash that sweet racing machine. sure it has a lot of bling bling :bling: value to it. i, however, doubt the people working it over in the CAD system ever though it would be used to jump dirt clods. :shrug:

on the bright side, you can rub it in El's face now: "my buggy cost 3 times more than your buggy... neener neener neener"

congrats sky - i am a deathly avid supporter of LHS's and promote mine to the umpteenth degree. The starter box u chose is almos the same as the ofna multibox i use. i use the stick packs, and can get a full day of bashing out of them, plus they are much lighter than the 12v gel cell that Chris uses. Good choice on the servo's too, exact same ones i am using in my EB-4 and Storm pro. as for the failsafe idea, it is a must! 'specially with that investment.

David Hicks - Yes, i also use the Hitec Lynx 3D FM, but i dont have the synth version.

NA - dont lie! You are just too small to carry that 12v gel cell!

Which by the way, lasts a couple months if you have a good tune. Then you just charge it over night and good for a few more months.

Back