Supercross

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The season starts tomorrow live on speed. Who are you picking to win. I would love to see the old man Kevin Windam pull it off we will see. I think that Ryan Dungey will do it again.

I do believe villipoto can pull off a victory :first_place:

Ya anyone thats actually ridden MX has a much larger respect for these guys. Its just amazing to me how good they are. I could never do that lol. I am lucky if I make it 5 laps around a normal outdoor MX track. I couldnt imagine a supercross track. Its just overwhelming to me.

+1, TOTALLY!!! I'll run a few laps here and there, but I'd prefer woods

When I sold my bike a few years ago (04 kx500), I was ready for a break after starting it lol, let alone doing any laps on a track. :hehe:

there has to be some technique involved when starting an engine that big, and I'm on a 450, I'd know :hehe:

I had a yz 125 last summer and raced it a few times also. Sold it and now all i got is a klx 110!

no a KLX is a 4 stroke....

I am so pissed I missed Supercross today! I looked on CBS and I did not see it.....

It didnt come on cbs when it was supposed to, atleast not my channel. Dammit! Now I gotta stay out of this thread until someone posts it online after speeds coverage...

I am watching the Lites on speed. They arent showing the 450s... WHAT THE HELL!!! I am pissed... I already looked at the standings though and I am not happy...

That was an awesome race! Stewart killed it like I hope, Villapoto went down twice unfortunately but I give total props to Reed, he really did a killer job and his pass on Dungey on the last corner was awesome! He showed he still has it in him which I love too see, he's such a good rider when he's comfortable.

Any of you see it yet? HPIguy? h8z? Moto?

They messed around with some brushless erevo's for a couple minute segment too....was pretty lame though, just a huge traxxas plug...

Any of you see it yet? HPIguy? h8z? Moto?

They messed around with some brushless erevo's for a couple minute segment too....was pretty lame though, just a huge traxxas plug...

Yep, I piled up and watched it last night. It was a good race, Bubba showed the patience he's developed finally and waited for Villa to make a mistake on a slick track, which he did. And as I said last week, Dungey is getting all those lessons he didn't receive last year, IMHO this is his rookie year on the 450, and it's showing. Reed did indeed ride a good race, I'll give him credit for that.

The RC segment was totally lame for sure, even though it's good to see them get some coverage.

Yup! I watched both classes. That eRevo segment was lame...but still cool! I'd kill to drive on a SX track. haha

The race was kinda boring to me. As soon as RV washed out.....it was pretty much over. He had a great ride. Stweart rode great, especially after his morning practice crashes....Reed did WAY better than I thought. RV also had a killer ride after 2 crashes to come back to 4th. Alessi didn't even make the friggin main!

Overall....boring, but a good race nonetheless. I wanted a repeat of last week where I was on the edge of my seat almost the entire main. Maybe next week!

I hate watching the races on CBS. They need to stop with the rc stuff and focus on the riders and their gear. But they need to make money and I understand that.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Great race in anahiem. James flew. Congrats to Reed for 3rd again. Sucks Dungey finished last but the way I feel about him is that he's not a championship rider, he won last year fair and square BUT he's still to green to have to ride as agressive as he need too to keep Stewart, Dungey and Reed behind him. Once he has to push it, thats when he can't keep it together. Same goes for Dungey kind of but he's way better under the pressure than Dungey.

But its so awesome to me how basically only 3 guys racing, Stewart, Reed and Windham can pretty much go into a slow down cruise mode and still be holding their place. You can watch all three of them actually let the bike idle down when going into a turn, giving it a little break, when everyone else can't take the time to let off for any time at all because they can't make up the time any where else. Just something I really enjoy watching, the 3 vets of the sport for sure right now.

Any one think if Stewart can take it this year that he'll call it quits? Id love to see him go out on top like the GOAT.

Any one think if Stewart can take it this year that he'll call it quits? Id love to see him go out on top like the GOAT.[/QUOTE said:
I don't think that he will quit. I love to watch him ride. Jumping that section triple,quad,double thats totally awesome.

I wish that Metcalfe was riding better. He is a really nice guy. And he has rode on my friends track this summer.

Theres alot of guys that need to do something to get moving faster this year, Metcalfe's one of them, Mike Alessi is another. I miss seeing him take every holeshot.

That was a crazy race! Sucks Canard won, I dont like him at all but it was a good race between him and Dungey. Sucks Stewart and Reed went down and then Stewart again. Really sucks Kdub went down after leading half of the race.

No one else catch yesterdays race?

Yep, I watched it SNG. Hate that Stewart's old ways came back to bite him at the start, especially after showing much more maturity this year overall.

I too hated to see Windham go down, especially at his home race. Hopefully he's OK, and it's nothing major.

The Dungey / Canard battle was pretty decent. But, did you watch the lites race? Holy crap, the battle at the beginning between Barcia and Wilson for the East coast opener was awesome for about five laps.

Seems like the best battles are always in lites.

I watched it as well. Supercross class race was just meh. All the players went down in the first turn pileup really. The rest of the race was just OK really. I was excited for K-Dub till the crash. He was super smooth too.

The Lites race provided all the action this week. Barcia is not a rider I'd want to be on the wrong side of...he's fast and his will to win will put anyone over a berm in a split second if you are in the line he wants ;-) I wouldn't call it dirty riding, just a TON of heart and a LOT of bawls to do what it takes to get the win.

I was actually impressed by Malcolm Stewart as well. he rode really really well in the heat races, then made one dumb decision in the main on lap 1 and took himself out of it. Once he matures....he's gonna be a contender for sure.

All in all...good race week in Houston though! East coast is gonna be a dog fight.....I wanted to see Sipes up a little higher though.

Huge congrats to Reed for the win and for passing The King for the most wins at that stadium. I love to see him gain his confidence back, thats what has made him one of the best ever in my book.

Wish it would have shown what happened to K Dub and Vilapoto.

Reed had a good run of it this weekend, but unfortunately it was pretty much uncontested. So he rode like he always does, which is still pretty darn fast, but no one was near him to fight him for the win. So while it was a much needed win for Reed....it left the fans watching battles further back in the pack. Not a lot of good racing in the 450 class this weekend.

The 250 class was fairly exciting with my local boy Jimmy Decotis nearly taking the holeshot. We were all on the edge of our seats for the 250 main for sure! Close racing, but not a ton of bar banging....but it was certainly more action packed than the big boy class.

Hopefully ATL won't disappoint....

Back