Supercross

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang, i was hoping stewart would win but their is always next year

Well he's in second in the points with many more races to go this series so he's got plenty of time. He caught back up to second after he wrecked too, making it passed Canard and Dungey so I dont see either of them being a threat to him any more this season, he walked passed them both. Villapoto is his challenge.

Well, I'm bummed at Dungey's riding so far. The pass he put on Villapoto was in one of the worst sections of the track. He should have just pressured him, and ran him high in the next berm, like they all did to him. He needs to mature, same as Bubba did at first. With many of the big players being out last year, he didn't get those lessons, and he's getting them now. At lest it was good close racing, and really fun to watch though. Congrats to Villa for the win, and Bubba for riding his heart out as always.

HAHAHAHAHA Shiney side up stewart! I'm so stoked with VP! Canard did really good too what a comeback! Also stoked with mr two two racing getting put in the back lol. Bubba is good no doubt about it but he has been falling alot. Was suprised to see Tedesco be a lapper so far back.

Last edited:
Yeah those top 5 were hauling ass, into lappers at lap 4!

He always is. I love how he never really pushes past his comfort level and always stays in the top 6 or so just kind of on auto pilot.

Not to mention, watching Kdub ride is like an exercise in motorcycle physics 101, smooth and relaxed = fast is proven with Windham. I love watching that guy, always have.

To me he's like Dave Mirra on bmx, he doest win much any more but everyone is always gunning for him to win and he's always smooth, his own style.

To me he's like Dave Mirra on bmx, he doest win much any more but everyone is always gunning for him to win and he's always smooth, his own style.

Yep, pretty much. They talked about at Anaheim 1 how his bike setup is pretty much the exact opposite of anyone else, almost no sag in the rear, and very little rake in the forks. They also talked about how he turns with the front wheel vs. turning with the rear using back brake and excessive power. Watch him closely next race going into a berm, most everyone else is back it in on the brake, square it up, and throttle out. Windham is nice long smooth arc, kind of like watching an older non pro on a late evening slalom run when the lake is glass smooth. Nothing excessive or exaggerated or jerky, just nice smooth arcs side to side. Man I could go on for days about it, it's that impressive to me having ridden MX (not pro, not even anything close) myself.

Yeah Kevins got more of a dunes rider style or mud guy. If he wasn't in the middle of chasing his goal of not missing a start until he retires, I bet he could get out of his comfort zone and prolly take a podium spot pretty easy, but theres too much risk for him to ride out of control that I'm glad he doesn't.

Ya anyone thats actually ridden MX has a much larger respect for these guys. Its just amazing to me how good they are. I could never do that lol. I am lucky if I make it 5 laps around a normal outdoor MX track. I couldnt imagine a supercross track. Its just overwhelming to me.

Ya anyone thats actually ridden MX has a much larger respect for these guys. Its just amazing to me how good they are. I could never do that lol. I am lucky if I make it 5 laps around a normal outdoor MX track. I couldnt imagine a supercross track. Its just overwhelming to me.

You can make it 5 laps? Geez....I'm lucky if my phat arse can make it 3 these days! hahahah

Ya after riding for a few weeks lol and not hard laps. Its way harder than most people think.

Ya after riding for a few weeks lol and not hard laps. Its way harder than most people think.

The first time I ever went to the track, I was 18, and in good shape. I thought, how hard can it be, it's not like I'm pedaling a BMX bike. I made a lap and a half, pulled off the track and literally fell over gasping for air, and every muscle in my legs and arms felt like they were on fire. :hehe: ESPN did a big thing a couple years ago, pro MX riders are the second most fit athlete in the world, just behind soccer players.

When I sold my bike a few years ago (04 kx500), I was ready for a break after starting it lol, let alone doing any laps on a track. :hehe:

Made me wonder why he is into the rally scene

All the greats seem to go into some sort of car racing/truck racing.

My pea brain has a hard time just comprehending what these guys do and the effort, balls and skills that go into it. What a rare breed. I think it's rad how the popularity of the sport has grown leaps and bounds in the last 10-15 years. These guys earn their living and deserve all the props they get. And then some.

It didnt come on cbs when it was supposed to, atleast not my channel. Dammit! Now I gotta stay out of this thread until someone posts it online after speeds coverage...

Back