storm gs rtr help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funwheels1

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey,
I have had very bad luck with an hpi savage .21 bb. Anyways, my neighbor just got a ofna mbx buggy and i LOVE IT. I've heard great stuff about the storm and i am very interested in it. I guess what I'm asking is how is the stock engine? I'm looking for an easy engine to run and tune, dont care about performance really as long as its capable of taking some ammount of jumps and offroad.

Drew

I've got a Storm rtr.. comes with the b01 engine.. this engine screams and I've had no trouble at all with tuning.. Storm rtr is a great deal for the money when you consider the radio you get and what I think is a great stock motor.. peace

2 guys at the track have the storm rtr (but with xtm motors), and one of them are in the 1st/2nd place in "a" mains consitently .. Parts seem to be priced well and every store around here has tons of spares for them. Lots of aftermarkets goodies too. Just make sure you local hobby store carries parts for it, or else its gonna me mail order with some down time..

If i was to buy a RTR and not a kit it would be the storm RTR

The Storm has got to be one of the best buggies out there when you compare cost to performance. Can it keep up with a Kanai? Realistically it depends on the driver but the real answer is probably not. Could it be made to keep up with a Kanai? Of course... it's a great buggy with a good solid design and right out of the box you can at least compete.

Can it take a beating? Like no other... The first few runs of my Storm proved that to me. I jumped it, bashed it, crashed it, ran it in the dustiest dust I've ever seen (so much so the air filter was CAKED) and the thing just kept going.

In essence, you won't go wrong with a Storm IMHO

Check out this vid of my Storm getting a good thrashing. This is only half the jumps I did that day. I also hav ea couple of shots of it in my gallery.

http://bigbadwolf.rcreviews.net/vids/Storm_jump_fest.mov

Check out the storm buggy thread. It has tons of stuff about them. I own the rtr, completely stock except for some screws and soon to be a new pipe. It is an awesome car. U will be able to contend if u head to a track and it will hold up if u jump it a ton. The radio is sick and the stock motor is pretty good. Buy it if the LHS around u has parts for it.

Andrew

I have a gs for sale, for a steal with TONs of extras

Smurf,
U selling any of those extras separate and what are they

Back