Review: JL .28 MAX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently purchased this engine, I owned it for a about a month now. And i thought i will write a few words about it.

Long story short i purchased a new revo 3.3. The reason why i decided to purchase this engine that my original Trx 3.3 had an airleak since day one. Since traxxas refused to take care of it.

So I bought:
  • THS Pipe
  • OS LC4
  • Ofna revo mount
  • OFNA JL .28 MAX
  • Steal Gears (Wide)
Installation was straight forward remove the old stuff, and replace with the new.

Break-in i just followed the manual. However it run very with o'donnel RTR fuel. But then i switched to nitrolux. Wow what a huge difference in temp.

Tuning: Lean and lean until you get good performance then check temp. How touched the needles after they were set the first time.

So after 2 stripped pinion gears i decided to buy the RR steal gears for the tranny.

So yeah if looking for power that is less then the OS.21. Good with the JL .28!!
5/5 Best upgrade for the Revo 3.3!!

Thanks for the review, I'm sure It'll come in handy for someone looking for a new engine. Maybe next time post in the Reviews, How to's and guides section of the forum found HERE :)

Aha my bad!! Maybe admin can move it to review session.

Well sorry for the late reply; I'm happy with the engine and its quality :)

Back