Started the build!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZANDOR

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got off my ass yesterday and started the crawler build.
I recived a big ol box of new era parts from bruce...thanks again (BRO)

I put on the cheap hpi rims for now..I did shave off 1/2" off the rims to narrow them..
But any way here are a few pics...
crawler_003.jpg

crawler_002.jpg

crawler_001.jpg

I know I Know :shrug:
Here is a pic of the mock up with the batterys and esc!
crawler_004.jpg

crawler_005.jpg

whats the wheel base.. looks kinda short to me but could just be the pics..

beason said:
whats the wheel base.. looks kinda short to me but could just be the pics..

It is short!16" Center to center...

I am still in the works makeing longer links so i can push it out to 20" For crawling over large objects...the shorter WB. will be used on tight technical runs...

what esc is that? i like the novak evx ....

what motors are you going to use? and how many turn?

spyhunter48 said:
what motors are you going to use? and how many turn?

Two 55 turn matrix pro lathe motors

did you bye these parrts? or make them? i like the lower links.. the look beefy.. how much you got in it? how much to finnish? i would like to try this crawling stuff but i live in texas.. what ima climb?? cow patties?? lol i would like to get a good look at one up close just to see what the things do and how it works.. like for one.. what are those posts sticking out of the sides of the center area?? and what do they do?

beason said:
did you bye these parrts? or make them? i like the lower links.. the look beefy.. how much you got in it? how much to finnish? i would like to try this crawling stuff but i live in texas.. what ima climb?? cow patties?? lol i would like to get a good look at one up close just to see what the things do and how it works.. like for one.. what are those posts sticking out of the sides of the center area?? and what do they do?

I have bought every thing you see there...But I am working on doing a compleat chassie of my own design....As far as the amount of$$$ in to it hummm
200$ for the chassie and upper and lower links.
230$ for the ESC I think It mite be more :shrug:
Around 200$ for the other mise. things (IE) tires ,wheeles,motor addaptors bumper mounts..Steering linkage Front and rear...
80$ for two hitec 645 mg servos..For steering
Lathe motors around 20$ X 2
And a charger 80$ (I bought it from ratzo) or it would have been 160$ so I saved a ton of money there! LOL

And it probley needs another 200$ to finish..

Thoese posts sticking out the sides are for mounting the body :cheers:

Any thing else I remember I will post up and let every one know :cheers:

WOW i bet you didnt get it all at 1 time lol... how long did it take to get it to the shape it is in?

spyhunter48 said:
WOW i bet you didnt get it all at 1 time lol... how long did it take to get it to the shape it is in?

UHHH ya I pretty much bought it all a one time :shrug:
And I have been sitting here looking at it for about 3 or 4 months now!

Joe you no
I love you man :idea:

NCNitro said:
Hey Zandor, you need someone to beta test your chassis design... :naughty:

ZANDOR said:
UHHH ya I pretty much bought it all a one time :shrug:
And I have been sitting here looking at it for about 3 or 4 months now!

Joe you no
I love you man :idea:

I was jelous of TJ's crawler :devious:

Lookin good Z.... I just got done wiring mine all up... Soldering sucks... Dont forget to reverse the wires on one of the lathe motors... Lets just say my crawler almost ripped itself in two... lol whoops... Did I mention soldering sucks...
Now finish that thing already...

All right enouf poop about this POS wallmart crap!
If you want to talk about it start your own fucken thread :thefinger

Now mods can you clean this mess up please :boxing:

ImBroken said:
Lookin good Z.... I just got done wiring mine all up... Soldering sucks... Dont forget to reverse the wires on one of the lathe motors... Lets just say my crawler almost ripped itself in two... lol whoops... Did I mention soldering sucks...
Now finish that thing already...

Did you wire your motors in a searies or in paralell(SP)!