So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the primal taylorized VEKTA5 E out to the orv park ,darn thing will climb the huge sand slide hills the dirt bikes climb with no problems at all , gotta take it easy on the pnion ,but what a blast !!

IMG_20240126_094429300.jpg

Did the temps raise with those bigger tires or are they stock? I don't remember.

Took the primal taylorized VEKTA5 E out to the orv park ,darn thing will climb the huge sand slide hills the dirt bikes climb with no problems at all , gotta take it easy on the pnion ,but what a blast !!

View attachment 188960
Are you sure you've even ran this rig before? Looks awfully clean 😉

Those are the raminator tires , and yes my wife believes I may require some medical attention , when it comes to cleaning and I try not to wreck much with the financial stuff , you should see my cleaning products containers ,,😂😂 I'm dying to be tought how to post a dam video , I've got some great rigs I've built ,we go all the time , poop happens , only for those that are present at the time , sorry just not a good yoogler on the googler

Last edited:
How was the motor and esc temps after running those?

Apparently I don't get an answer. :confused:

Sorry ,,,,, ya it heats right up , gotta pace the days run but no problems so far , motor temps around 180° , then I shut it down for a few , chewed the pinion right up the first try but I'll be easy on it now , but those tires are a bit much no dought , but dam fun !!!

I'm guessing the tire size is ruining the true performance of the Vekta.

I believe I would be concerned about shortening the life span of the motor with those tires.
It's putting heavy strain on it.

Yes it is , I have two extra motors for it , but I'm very carefully for sure , back to what I ran today ,,,, I'm taking the Taylor 46 vesla out in a few minutes , we found a huge area of grass to run on , we're headed there today

Sorry ,,,,, ya it heats right up , gotta pace the days run but no problems so far , motor temps around 180° , then I shut it down for a few , chewed the pinion right up the first try but I'll be easy on it now , but those tires are a bit much no dought , but dam fun !!!
If you're hitting 180° it won't be long before your motor goes out. Drop the pinion size a couple teeth and test it again. Keep it 160° or lower. 170° is pretty much where damage begins with most electronics.

Last edited:
The Vekta.5 is one of my dream cars but I won't build it up to be something it wasn't designed for.
I can see the excitement of a monster truck but the Vekta'5 is not.
With those big tires, you are putting stress on electronics just as quick as you pull the trigger.