So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could try to bend a metal clothes hanger into a half H and figure out a way to attach it to the front of your recovery boat.

You could try to bend a metal clothes hanger into a half H and figure out a way to attach it to the front of your recovery boat.
Boat is tiny, so clothes hanger wire would be way too heavy.

What I'm thinking is to have the sailboat run a line behind it, with the water end attached to a tiny fishing bobber. Then attach a short fishing line behind the rescue boat with a small treble hook.
So, crossing the rescue boat between the sailboat and bobber should snag the sailboat line.

So, crossing the rescue boat between the sailboat and bobber should snag the sailboat line.
Or more than likely you'll have 1 stranded sailboat and one stranded recovery boat with a fishing line wrapped up in the prop 😄

Boat is tiny, so clothes hanger wire would be way too heavy.

What I'm thinking is to have the sailboat run a line behind it, with the water end attached to a tiny fishing bobber. Then attach a short fishing line behind the rescue boat with a small treble hook.

Sounds like a solid plan. Flatten or better yet file off the barbs, & dull the tips on the treble hook.... it will make it easier to remove from multifilament cord or flesh if needed. I have experience in these things. :)

Or more than likely you'll have 1 stranded sailboat and one stranded recovery boat with a fishing line wrapped up in the prop 😄
I've thought about this. So, ideally, there needs to be a bit of slack in the line behind the sailboat. Must never go into reverse with rescue boat. I'll have to devise some sort of a propeller guard as well.

Thought about that, but it might get snagged in the propeller......but the propeller is tiny, so it may not get snagged and could work great.
3d print s boom like a tow truck. From there a servo to reel like a winch. Maybe put another servo to rotate said boom?

3d print s boom like a tow truck. From there a servo to reel like a winch. Maybe put another servo to rotate said boom?
First of all, no 3d printer here. Second, the boat is tiny. Its advertised as 11", but that's including the 3" rudder extension. The thing would be a submarine with another servo.

9E7AB07C-116B-4244-A5A3-558AD4F1DF62.jpeg
C3FD8265-5FCC-438A-A3FD-E484844958B3.jpeg
EDCAF986-FC82-4186-9B6D-17BC7A24748F.jpeg

tmaxx won this round 😆

No pics because it’s the same old 🤣 snuck outta work early, we took the crawlers out to the woods for a little bit, skeeters were terrible. Ran about a half gallon of fuel through the tmaxx and Vorza. If all the stars align we should have parts to fix the mt8 tomorrow. Maybe the new head and exhaust will show up for the tmaxx too 🤞

No pics because it’s the same old 🤣 snuck outta work early, we took the crawlers out to the woods for a little bit, skeeters were terrible. Ran about a half gallon of fuel through the tmaxx and Vorza. If all the stars align we should have parts to fix the mt8 tomorrow. Maybe the new head and exhaust will show up for the tmaxx too 🤞
I used to put the blue listerine on me. Seemed to work. I used it when I was randomly selected to weedeat the "pond" every week.