Sng f150

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Well i started on my new scaler project today....only gotta couple pics for now...
axial axles
axial trans
X trail, again, liked it so much on my jk i figured i would get another one.
cc bec
sidewinder
3s
prolly a 35t

1.9's
1.9 rock crushers (still in the mail)
axial shocks, sitting on full droop at the moment.

not sure how its gonna turn out, its kinda a funny shaped body imo and 2.2's were way to wide for it so I'm hoping the 1.9's will be just right...

001-56.jpg

002-42.jpg

Last edited:
Nice start...keep'em coming, looks like it's going to be a nice build. I will be keeping my eye on this build.

Another one, Damn!!!! Looks like your off to a great start, I wish I had the time and skill to put into a scaler build, well that and the money, LOL!!!!!

Cool, nice start Lloyd! I like those x trails too, I have been debating whether to go with the x trail or scx10 chassis for my clod scaler.

thanks guys....yeah Joe, a good thing about em imo is they are cheap!!! tcs never fails imo.

looks nice sng

scale builds are soon to be taking over

I think we need to add a scale forum now. I LOVE scale rc. There is so much you can do with them, building them from scratch, creating a truck that looks like a real truck is awesome.

i couldnt agree more!!! scalers that you buy prebuilt or as a kit are cool like all the high lifts and so on but its so much cooler to see one built from using a variety of different brand, tricks, ideas and see it come to life over a little time...

and thanks Cody :)

I think we need to add a scale forum now. I LOVE scale rc. There is so much you can do with them, building them from scratch, creating a truck that looks like a real truck is awesome.

i 2nd that b/c I'm all for scaler now

small update, got my wheels and tires on, like i said before, going with 1.9's cuz the 2.2's are HUGE with this body...i should have the body mounted tonight, just gotta figure out the perfect length for it before i mount it, its kinda shaped funny imo and is hard to make it look perfect...
002-43.jpg

003-33.jpg

Whats the wheel base on that thing? it looks long with those 1.9's, I want to see how the body looks on it, so hurry up, JK LOL!!!!!

i havent measure it but its real long, like 13-14 prolly...my jk was 13.

well its still a roller but I've got the body all mounted up now...the only thing I'm gonna do besides electronics is replace the axial tie rod with a traxxas turnbuckle...

009-6.jpg

011-8.jpg

015-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

That looks fricking sick Lloyd, and ur right about the 1.9's, 2.2's would have been way too big!!!!

thanks man!!! I'm really diggin the third pick of it, second up from the bottom....might have to keep it for a little while lol.