Slipper clutch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blubbergutts

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just bought a heavy duty slipper clutch for my savage xl got a rough idea on how I instal tilt but could someone tell me how to instal it ,thanks...

Just bought a heavy duty slipper clutch for my savage xl got a rough idea on how I instal tilt but could someone tell me how to instal it ,thanks...

You do any searching on youtube? It is funny but there is how to do things for just about anything rc related now a day's.

Hpi 107454, I've got a rough idea but wondering why there's 2, also can't find a related one to hpi on YouTube ,thanks though.

Oh I see! They are friction pads, and If I remember correctly you only need one at a time, they're just sold in pairs.

The ceramic ones last longer and don't build up as much heat....which is a good thing if your still on plastic spurs.

They are sticky on one side so you can stick them to the spur gear.....I believe. It's been a long time since I've had to change one, and I'm not close to one of my rigs to check for you.

Ah spur gear I thought that just couldn't work out why there was 2 thanks

There's two of them, so the product actually costs more than the packaging.

Yes they arnt cheep

i have a slipper that uses a friction pad on both sides of the spurgear. i'll give pics if wanted.its hpi also,,,,,,,,

Yeh that would be interesting to see cheers..

10/4 Blubberguts.yeah i wanted a slipper more heavy duty for a three speed Brushless.heres some pic'shows how its installed.

Attachments

• smspur.jpg
    smspur.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 129
  • sspur.jpg
    sspur.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 120
  • smalspur.jpg
    smalspur.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 147
  • smallspur.jpg
    smallspur.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 188
  • smaspur.jpg
    smaspur.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Cheers for That ,interesting will it work on a nitro savage and what are the benefits and is that a plastic spur mines steel ?

its all savage x parts. i just ordered a bunch of parts for a slipper with "x" after it and put it togather with some xtra,,,,,,,,,could not get any answers from forums or the actual sellers on e-bay!it will work nitro also.i just kept adjusting until it was just hot.it keeps the vehicle off of its lid from a wheelie even with a wheelie bar,,, this three speed brushless set-up in a Torquey Missile..........

Thanks for that I'll look on eBay