Slash 4x4 running on 3 cell lipo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My friend : I bash with on weekends & during the week lives 1 block away from me & he droped in a 3 cell lipo into his Slash 4x4 I am almost shure he's running the stock TRX Velineon brushless motor I think is around 3500 KV. I am a nitro fan & all my rig's are nitro. My friend thinks he can beat any Rig @ the track on his current setup I told him I dident think so because some guys run 4000-6000 KV motors & different gears & stuff & i told him the more KV's the faster the Rig's going to go & in IMO a 5000KV compaired to a stock 3500KV the 5000KV is going to come out ontop I told him to get a higher KV motor before he attempts to race "the guys showing up with 4000-6000KV" I told him you might get dissapointed with the end results but he want's to race anyway & think he already enter'ed next saturday racing events What do you guy's think & did I give him good info. :\

Ultimately it is all is all about the driver, I have beaten plenty of racers with faster motors just because they were fairly new at the hobby. I say race what you have and have fun, plus the higher kv motors don't have as much torque and get warmer it really depends on setup.

I knew it comes down to mainly the driver. I am not really up to speed with Brushless because I am a nitro fan. I did pass the info onto him about higher KV motors not having as much torgue. My friend said he's happy with the stock TRX Brushless system.

Back