Size MATTERS!!! HummVee H1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks pretty good and I still can't believe that Rolex has Integy on his Savage :hehe:

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't belive bartek trys to clown rolex when his is just as clean and dust free

Thanks, but I'm not wearing any. :D

Your Welcome, now that's HILARIOUS......OOPS !:hehe: What 'Pant' job, I said 'Paint' job !:D Oh and BTW, thanks for sharing that with me/us !:p

" we have all seen the ugly truckling." :D

I haven't !:D

Looks good Rolex, love the look.....nice 'paint', not 'pant' job !:thumbup::hehe:

Last edited:
wow, i hadnt checked it out since you got it Ralph, the new paint looks great! nice job.

Thanks, it's a world of difference from the silly toy that arrived here. Most of my LEDs and one of the light controllers showed up today.
BTW, Taz, for a few of the Ugly Truckling pics, go to the scaler photos thread. Plastic rusts nicely.

Update:

I tore it all down again to do the graphics and the lights.
I make my own decals in PhotoShop where I choose the font and scale sizes for each, then have them printed with a laser printer. This was an easy one since there was no color or logos.
They are sideways on the page since the decal sheets are only 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 and the sheet can then be fed sideways into the printer without reformatting it for size.
Dcl_sheet.jpg

dcl4.jpg

dcl3.jpg

Dcl2.jpg

While I had it all torn down, I started to drill out the necessary openings and mounted the main LED lights.
LEDs.jpg

Wow that's really cool Rolex, Where do you get the blank sticker material to print out your stickers on?

Testor's makes decal paper along with the spray 'fix' coat you need to seal the ink surface.
I also use Micro Sol from Microscale Industries Inc.
It softens the decal, allowing it to lay absolutely flat on any surface, leaving NO air pockets underneath. After everything sets I use Micro Flat, Micro Satin or Micro Gloss, depending on what type of paint job I'm doing, to add a finish coat to the body, making the decals look like silk screened lettering.
On clear Lexan shells I print the decals in reverse, apply them to the inside of the shell, then back them with the color I want.
The sheets are available in clear or white water slide paper but is pretty costly at $10 for 6 sheets of 5.5 X 8.5.
Well worth it though since it takes your creativity one major leap farther.

Now you just need a armored turret on the top with an M-60 and ammo box......Looking good Ralph.

The Hummer looks bad ass Rolex, now I want to see the monster chassis thats going to hold that bad boy!

So I just have to ask what is that going to be put on? Are you going to do a full custom build up for it or what?

BTW, Love the body and decals.

There's nothing stock for something this size, so I'll be doing my own chassis. I'll need to find a rear and a trans for it, then I'll go from there.
I also have most of what I need for a complete interior.

I'll need to find a rear and a trans for it, then I'll go from there.

The TXT axles would be a nice choice IMO. It's as tough as they come, has a decent looking pumpkin for a monster truck and best of all it's shaft driven that will work with an e-maxx shafts and tranny!

On the other hand if you want true Hummer scaleness you should stick some Maxx arms, shafts, and diffs under it and put those arms at around a 40 degree down angle.

On the other hand if you want true Hummer scaleness you should stick some Maxx arms, shafts, and diffs under it and put those arms at around a 40 degree down angle.

Now that's some great information I hadn't even thought of. I might have to dig into my box of Savage parts and see if the trans and A-arms would work out. I was pretty much considering the only option as a solid rear. (sorry, my brain was stuck in crawler mode)

I agree with Maxxin, all the Hummers I have seen and driven have been 4-wheel independent suspension. This is another cool project Rolex. Dig it.

WooHoo, I had a good idea...I'm a little tired now and think I deserve a cookie :cookie: :D

Thanks, it's a world of difference from the silly toy that arrived here. Most of my LEDs and one of the light controllers showed up today.
BTW, Taz, for a few of the Ugly Truckling pics, go to the scaler photos thread. Plastic rusts nicely.

Right on Rolex, the Ugly Truckling is awesome....I love the bumper stickers !:D

Back