Sirio .23 linkages

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyBoltz07

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought the Sirio .23 for my revo and when I got it in I had problems with the linkages. I installed the .23 in with the sirio mount and all but the carb seemed to be higher and further towards the front. So I took it to my LHS and the Joe got it in but by ghetto rigging it in there. I have had a chance to test the linkages B/c I'm waiting on a piece and my new Trinity pipe. My question is isn't there a better way? I found a linkage conversion on New Era's website. Is this the best way to go?

We have been installing the Sirio 23 in a few trucks here as well as one of our house trucks and have had no problems with the linkages at all as of yet.

The problem that I ran into was that for one the throttle return spring was tight so I ended up using a slightly loser return spring from Ofna. The other problem was that the arm that pulls out the carb, the trottle arm, was not tall enough. Joe at my LHS put a nut under it and used a longer screw. It's really odd. The kit from New Era seems to fix this.

Attachments

• rev118_linkage.jpg
    rev118_linkage.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I just got a revo and put a .26 max on it and its a pain, the design of the throttle linkage is the one flaw on the truck it absolutely sucks, in all my years and all the trucks I've had this has to be the worst throttle set up ever!and the spring is so tight it wont let the carb open all the way, take off the spring and put a collar on the linkage, add a fail safe!

Back