Show us your pets

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have an African Grey but she lives out at my sisters-in-laws place because we don't have room for her cage and they have a really nice heated room for her.
I know I heard an African Grey one night in a tree leaving work around 2am. It was in a pine tree. When I came out of the building there was a car alarm going off. The kind that plays like 5 different tunes. Turns out it was a bird, mimmicking every car alarm tune perfectly. Only a Grey can mimmick that good. I tried to get him to come out of the tree, but he was hiding pretty good in there.

Ours always says "Oh Theodore, here Theodore". Theodore is her dog. lol
She also says "Ok I'll call you later".
My bad, she is a he lol
He is actually my wife's Grey and when we first met, I tried like hell to get him to say "hereee's Johnny".

NO Fear!

showdown.jpg

This is Eddie. He had a really tough time for the first couple years but he is now safe and doing OK. We have had him about a year and a half and he is settled in well. He is totally devoted to my wife. He deals with me but only about some thing. Next week we begin puppy kindergarten. I have been through many dog training classes but never with a dog that was not already obedient. He is going to need work but he is super smart so I am going to help him get better at recall and hopefully some other little things.

Like this photo was taken when the cat walked near my wife. He hates that.

Attachments

• 627C15F8-5280-4673-AAF4-312529D29C2E.jpeg
    627C15F8-5280-4673-AAF4-312529D29C2E.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 32
I am hoping he gains some confidence. He has had a bit of a tough beginning. He is very smart but has not been exposed to much. I think he spent his first couple years under a bed in a sick bed ridden persons house with to many dogs. The person died and he was sent to the pound. Then bounced around to a couple houses that tried to “fix” him.

I got him a year ago and just let him settle in. Now he is learning things and knows what to do.

Being from IA, you need to get him pointing - not sure what breed of critter he is, but hey, you never know, I've seen scrappers point.

He very smart but as a hunting dog I am a little concerned. First off he would bark at everything. Definitely would be a good flusher. But he would flush everything for a 1/4 mile.
Second he is intimidated by the cats.

In his defense she is a Baltimore City Ally cat. My 140 lb mastiff grabbed her. I was lucky to intervene. And she was OK except when I turned to scold the mastiff, one of her front teeth was sticking out of his face.

Attachments

• 09B47C02-8FDE-4B9D-B0E9-1578C1E8E63E.jpeg
    09B47C02-8FDE-4B9D-B0E9-1578C1E8E63E.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 27
I know I heard an African Grey one night in a tree leaving work around 2am. It was in a pine tree. When I came out of the building there was a car alarm going off. The kind that plays like 5 different tunes. Turns out it was a bird, mimmicking every car alarm tune perfectly. Only a Grey can mimmick that good. I tried to get him to come out of the tree, but he was hiding pretty good in there.

I heard the same thing 10 years ago or so. Riding a bicycle at home 1am. I was also under the influence and thought I was trippin.
In his defense she is a Baltimore City Ally cat. My 140 lb mastiff grabbed her. I was lucky to intervene. And she was OK except when I turned to scold the mastiff, one of her front teeth was sticking out of his face.
Growing up the famliy lab brought kittens to use. Very gentle.

We also had a red husky who loved small animals. He picked up a duck or goose and carried him to a previous owner like a ball. It died of a heart attack, not because he physically caused it.

Last edited:
This is the old group, the end of it. They were 8 deep at one point and thats just dogs.
Lady left, Precious is the dalmation looking one, Kane is under her, and Sniper far right, waiting for supper.

Precious we feel was autistic, she also went blind in her last year or two. Kane is lab and rotti. Hes black, but where a rotti has rust, he has chocolate. In my worst days, he kept me more on track then I could have.

20170319_180935.jpg

Back