Shootout: OS .21,Picco .26,Platinum 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK for you Revo guys here is the 2010 engine breakdown:
RB 523TM - 1 new
OS .21tm - 1 new
OS .18TZ - 3 new/1 modded
TRX 3.3 1 new
I am going to purchase the Picco .26max Red Dot.
Through all the 2009 season I think the OS .21 was the best overall.Good power,smooth delivery,good low end punch.
I am going to open up this seasons testing with a AB MODS .18TZ at MOTORAMA in Harrisburge PA in a few days.

I have had much more experience with tuning now and my driving has improved considerably also over 2008 - 2009. I races 6 different tracks last year averaging 2 tracks per weekend.I grabbed 2nd place in the A Main at the RC Pro series in Delewares Blue Diamond track.I think the RB may be my engine of choice for that track.I think I am going to run 3 different Revos this year each set up for different track layouts.Run the same basic gear just some setup tweaks,gearing,tires,and engine choices. If you are interested I will post my progress for 2010 and my thoughts on what makes the revo lay down the fast laps.I do have a big block project ready to start also running a OS V Spes with side pipe.I'm redy to burn some nitro baby,30 degres and 3 fet of snow I going through withdrawl:whhooo:

Have You ever tried a sirio s27? I'm quite impressed with mine. It'll still rip wheelies almost too easy with a 17/36 gearset. It's only a 3 port but I love it, great powerband for only 159 bucks.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=363&pictureid=2216

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=363&pictureid=2299

I know what you mean by withdrawals too. This is my first really hopped up rig, I've been working at it for 3 months now. It's still not done, but it works! Still gotta get the 2.4 radio, mbx5 tank, center diff/rear brake, and sway bars. It's 25 and a foot of snow......:jittery:

Last edited:
Nice! I will have to pick one of those up too I like the fact that its a 3 port big cc and simple.The RB523 may be the same block but its a .23 with some crazy port work,its a 7 port I think.This is probably my last year for full time MT racing.I going truggy for 2011 and Revo on a part time schedule.

Is that a big block pipe on there? Do you have a part number for that pipe & header?

I'll have to check for the part #. I'll get back to ya.

It is a bb pipe/manifold

You think the Picco could maybe push a 17T or 18T CB?
It's official, the BB engines were outrunning my O.S. on top end this weekend. It really ticked me off. A 280 dollar engine should not get outran so easily. I think I need to just go buy a 17T and see what happens with it.
I had it screaming for one heat race. It was running good, blowing smoke..... then I temped it after the heat. 318F! Oh well.

I run a 17/36 combo on my picco and I really like it. I can control the wheelies and it's really fast on the top. Love it, I'm really impressed with this engine.

Nice! I will have to pick one of those up too I like the fact that its a 3 port big cc and simple.The RB523 may be the same block but its a .23 with some crazy port work,its a 7 port I think.This is probably my last year for full time MT racing.I going truggy for 2011 and Revo on a part time schedule.

Is that a big block pipe on there? Do you have a part number for that pipe & header?

Actually I'm running 18/36 on my rig. It's been a while since I saw it....been busy. Anyway its rd logics bb pipe part #rdl61530bb

Hey Scrogg you stillout there racing?

New Revo engine list

RB TM 523 - Violent low end,pulls hard to the top with the optional dual chamber pipe.Sound meanas hell.Idles like a tractor.Not real crisp thottle reponse though.

OS .21TM - Smooth,broad power curvr,good low to mid hp.Did I mention smooth!Sounds hot too!

TRX 3.3 - Powerful,less expensive,materials and workmanship leave something to be desired.Finicky tuning.

Whant to try yet: Picco JL red dot,OS .21 BB VSec,
Those engines able to be purchased anymore. Not seeing alot of options?

Back