Servo not steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcraig

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
My servo is only steering to the right, I've centered the horn, and centered the controller setting to the middle setting, and still the servo only wants to steer to the right. Can anyone tell me what to check?

My servo is only steering to the right, I've centered the horn, and centered the controller setting to the middle setting, and still the servo only wants to steer to the right. Can anyone tell me what to check?
Hard to give a good diagnosis based on that. Can you upload a vid to YT? Put the controller in the shot and turn the wheel.

If it steered to the left but now it doesn't I would start with the simple stuff. There might be a small stone stuck in your bellcrank. Does your steering system work fine when disconnected from the servo?

Hard to give a good diagnosis based on that. Can you upload a vid to YT? Put the controller in the shot and turn the wheel.
Problem is in the the video it looks like everything is working fine.

The servo horn isn't turning all the way, and I have to set the trim all the way to full just to get it to steer alil to the left an and it turns alot to the right.

Problem is in the the video it looks like everything is working fine.

The servo horn isn't turning all the way, and I have to set the trim all the way to full just to get it to steer alil to the left an and it turns alot to the right.
What radio?

do you have another servo to test? Id say servo is culprit not radio

do you have another servo to test? Id say servo is culprit not radio
Wondering if the endpoint adjustment is off. As if he turned the dual rate knob by accident. On certain radios that is how you adjust the endpoints.

Dx3 radio

I can adjust the radio and get alil more steering out of it, so do you think its the endpoints?

Dx3 radio

I can adjust the radio and get alil more steering out of it, so do you think its the endpoints?
If you have another servo you can plug in and test, as tntpoof said, try that. If not, follow this and see if it helps.

If that doesn't help, remove your horn and wrap a piece of tape around the servo gear, leaving a little tab sticking out as an indicator. Try to center the little tab of tape as your horn would be. Turn your steering both ways and see if that tab travels the same amount both directions.

If it does, check your steering linkage for a bind somewhere. Without seeing the RC it's hard to say.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, ill do that tomorrow. And I bet that will fix it.

This is why it's a great idea to have a servo tester on the bench.