Servo died

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Newz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm trying to find out if there is another servo i could but instead of a ks101bk, which decided to die on me today, Its for my kyosho DBX.

Savox Servo's are very good but expensive I installed a Savox steering servo on my MAXX & love it

+1 for savox. Check out the Savox 1256tg with a 277 in oz rating at 6v. Cost is around $79 retail but look on ebay for better prices.

do they need to be the same the steering and throttle servos. its my throttle one that has died

Nope you can put whatever brand or rating servo you want on either throttle or steering. I have a futuba S3305 rated 125 oz/in. On my steering and a traxxas 2075 rated 125 oz/in. On my throttle brake. I like my futuba better but prefer savox or hightec. Traxxas is the cheapest and hightec is the priciest. Futuba and savox are in the middle in price range but savox is faster and smoother. There are tons more brands to choose from but these are the ones i have experience with. One rule of thumb is never spare expense with servos. Always buy better quality to begin with.

What about an 80 oz in my tmaxx when stock is 40. Will that give any improvement on steering.

My favorite servo's are Ko Propo and Hitec

So i ended up using a savox SC-0252MG and its great, paid $70 for it and am getting another now for the steering

Good choice. can't go wrong with savox.