Scx24 stock body question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed the springs and I just put 7 drops of oil, it seemed to work to the point of the truck dropping a bit, the shocks are not fully extended. We’ll see when I try it.

Last edited:
So I shoot an email to Axial, just for kicks, they recommend these: https://a.co/d/5l4su2A
The big bore shocks, I’m gonna bet it’s the same thing as all of the after market shocks. Am I better off going back to the stock ones?

So I shoot an email to Axial, just for kicks, they recommend these: https://a.co/d/5l4su2A
The big bore shocks, I’m gonna bet it’s the same thing as all of the after market shocks. Am I better off going back to the stock ones?
I haven't tried the Pro-Line ones. They do look nice. I'd be curious how soft those springs are. If I were to buy them, the only oil they would get would be a drop or two of silicone lube.

Try your shocks with very little oil in them. Just a couple drops. Then add a little weight to your truck to try to get them to squat a bit. Tape something to the chassis, just to try it out. See how that does.

Last edited:
Stock shocks aren't bad, most people upgrade for looks. Those proline shocks look good but are awful pricey at $11.00 per shock. :eek: Axial probably recommends those because Proline is owned by their parent Company Horizon Hobby. I find it hard to believe they work twice as well as other brands even though they are twice the cost. I could be wrong though.

Oil filled shocks on these little crawlers is detrimental to their performance. Air is probably the best viscosity because you'd have to use oil with the consistency of alcohol to be remotely scale, and that would just leak out. And I bet your springs keep your shocks fully extended most of the time. You want a lot of droop on a crawler. I've not seen an aftermarket shock as good as the stock shocks.
The only thing I do on all of my 1/24 scale rigs is put a couple drops of oil in the shocks just to lube them and that's it.
They're aren't heavy enough to really need any oil.

Stock shocks aren't bad, most people upgrade for looks. Those proline shocks look good but are awful pricey at $11.00 per shock. :eek: Axial probably recommends those because Proline is owned by their parent Company Horizon Hobby. I find it hard to believe they work twice as well as other brands even though they are twice the cost. I could be wrong though.
I agree, I only upgrade for looks. The cheap amazon shocks work just fine.

The only thing I do on all of my 1/24 scale rigs is put a couple drops of oil in the shocks just to lube them.
Yeah, that's all I would do. A lot of the SCX24 parts are just bling stuff. I kinda want to try those Pro-Line ones. Anyone tried them?

$45 is a bit spending for my liking. I don't mind $100 on the Furitek system but I'm ok with the amazon looks of the shocks.
Nothing against the guys that want to spend that much, that's perfectly ok.

$45 is a bit spending for my liking. I don't mind $100 on the Furitek system but I'm ok with the amazon looks of the shocks.
Nothing against the guys that want to spend that much, that's perfectly ok.
Yeah, that is pricey. But they do look really nice. And those springs look really soft (thin wire).

I will probably try a set one of these days.

I will probably try a set one of these days.
Well, he did shoot an email to Axial, which is owned by Horizon, which also owns Pro-Line. So... of course they would say try those 😜

But yeah, I put them in my Amazon cart. If nothing else I'll use them on an AX24 build and angle the heck out of them.

Yeah, that's all I would do. A lot of the SCX24 parts are just bling stuff. I kinda want to try those Pro-Line ones. Anyone tried them?
I would love to try a pair but not even close to the top of my wish lists.