Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DokterD

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been trying to get as much info as possible on the Revo 3.3 and the HPI Savage X 4.6 and so far the info has been 50/50. Please help me with some personal advice on these two trucks. I'm not going to race but i want a good competitive truck all round, and also not something that breaks easy. Give me some advice please?

I have been trying to get as much info as possible on the Revo 3.3 and the HPI Savage X 4.6 and so far the info has been 50/50. Please help me with some personal advice on these two trucks. I'm not going to race but i want a good competitive truck all round, and also not something that breaks easy. Give me some advice please?

my mate had a savage was always breaking

get a revo

i got a revo and a savage and id be hard pressed to tell you one is "Better" than the other....they are different for sure....but i wouldn't say one is better.....the only aspect i would say one may have an advantage over the other is in the engine department....the 3.3 kinda sux IMO....it runs strong but its a little hard to tune and it doesn't seem to be as reliable as the 4.6.....i bought three trucks all at the same time....two with 3.3s and one with the 4.6.....both 3.3's have since died and been replaced while the 4.6 is still running strong as the day it was broken in and hasn't offered to give me a sec of trouble...i have never even touched the needles since it was broke in and tuned....thats about the only reason i would say the savage over the revo.....but throw a O.S. .21TM on that revo and we have a different contest...

I would say the same about the Revo i put a picco p2 26 max .. and i have had no problems at all with it .. i find the Savage to be a lil top heavy , but that is my opinion ;)

Having owned both I would say the Revo would have to be the better of the two besides the throw away 3.3 that is in it. The Revo is a better handling rig and the parts are more widely available at your LHS from my experience.

I agree with Syphon. My first nitro was the original Revo 3.3 and there is nothing in the way of a monster truck that can handle like it does. Replacement parts are available at most hobby shops and lots of online stores.

The Savage on the other hand is built like a tank. Unfortunately that means that it has a much higher center of gravity and uses more fuel.

For my money it's the Revo.

I'm a newbe into these hobbie &, my 1st ever petro powered RC is REVO. I like the way these thing handles it self, specially for a newbe.

can you guys please give me the correct discription for better motors for the Revo to replace the wimpy 3.3 I know the handling is very good on the Revo and that is a bonus but if the Savage is so rugged i would have a look at it also.

picco .26 is a direct swap, just need an engine mount

Seal the 3.3 and get your 5-15 gallons out of it. The life span of a 3.3 is directly related to your tune. And sometimes Traxxas' self adjusting carbs!:)

I to agree with the fact that the revo is a ton easier to keep on its wheels, sucks having to tip the thing back over all the time.