Revo 3.3 won't wheelie

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billimus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have it tuned fairly well. It usually runs between 240 and 270. But I cannot get the front wheels to lift off the ground at all. If any one has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it very much. My buddies Savage does friggin back flips and I am jealous as heck.

Try tightening the slipper a little and see if that helps.

If the needles are about where they should be then you may have a number of different problems. Glow plug, bad fuel line, leaky tank or tank lid, air leak on the engine or a bent-up exhaust manifold to name a few. I would start with the low speed needle set just a hair out from flush and a carb gap at about 1mm AFTER inspecting and maybe even sealing the engine. Watch the two extra holes on the side of the carb, those two little plugs may be loose. Once you've sealed the engine and checked over everything you may want to look into a good exhaust. I put one on my 3.3 and it really woke it up. It's a THS but there are many others out there.

Oh yeah try tightening the slipper 1/8 of a turn first.

And if it's fully broken in you may want to shoot for the 230-250 degree range.

If you are running a center diff in your truck, it won't wheelie.

thanks

Thanks for all the good advice. I am still running the center dif I think. I have removed reverse and added the rear brake. But it's still 4 wheel drive.

It comes stock without the center diff.

Yeah unless it's a platinum it comes stock without a center diff. You may have a false tune, or a low speed needle that is too far out. 3.3's are leaky and will draw in extra air making it so you have to back out the lsn to compensate. Does it load up when it idles for 10-15 seconds? If your carb gap is good with the lsn flush and it won't idle or wheelie good then you almost certainly have an air leak.

If he has the rear brake installed then he has the center diff installed.

You might want to look at the m2c racing 3 shoe aluminum clutch system.
part no. 1095

Lets not forget about a worn clutch while we are at it:)
Let's not forget about the fact that if you have a center diff installed (required for the rear brakes that he has installed) the Revo will not wheelie.

My 3.3 pulled the wheels all day long but like someone above said if your running a CD it wont wheely.....

Let me ask you this. Does you revo beat your buddy's savage off the line? If it does than I wouldnt worry about wheelies.

It will with a Picco .26 :)

If you are using a Center diff. as Hamz said

Let's not forget about the fact that if you have a center diff installed (required for the rear brakes that he has installed) the Revo will not wheelie.

it is physically impossible to a truck with a center diff to wheelie. as soon as the front wheels leave the ground they'll start to free spin, the truck will drop back down and power will revert back to all four wheels... it is physically impossible.

Just because rear breaks are installed... does that mean he has to have a center diff? I mean, I have a HPI 3-speed transmission, but I didn't have the case for it...

I have a 18TM in my revo and it doesn't wheelie worth snot either... on grass, sure, on pavement, not unless I lean the crap out of it. I really remembered that thing being a powerhouse... guess the stinking LRP's in my savage and aftershock spoiled me rotten.

I've geared my revo down to 15/40. Engine runs like a top at 240F. The new fantom pipe helped quite a bit as before, it would barely wheelie in grass... Contemplating throwing my BB kit on there and calling it a day.

If you are using a Center diff. as Hamz said

it is physically impossible to a truck with a center diff to wheelie. as soon as the front wheels leave the ground they'll start to free spin, the truck will drop back down and power will revert back to all four wheels... it is physically impossible.

It is not physically impossible. Different weight oils in the diff will control how that power is applied. My brushless e-revo has a center diff and will wheelie depending on the fluid weight. Just not all the time like with a solid output shaft.

It is not physically impossible. Different weight oils in the diff will control how that power is applied. My brushless e-revo has a center diff and will wheelie depending on the fluid weight. Just not all the time like with a solid output shaft.

on that subject, how difficult is it to install a center diff in a brushless erevo. . .i race mine on carpet and i hate the way it wheelies every time i hit the go go lever. . .i want it to just squat down and take off. . .but when i hit it, it either stands up or backflips. . .so i want a center diff but i just wanted to know how hard it is to install

Mine came with one but I took it out the other day and put the stock solid one in. Took about 15min. Drop the motor and tranny, open the tranny and it is sitting right there. Pull it out, put the new one in and put it back together. Nothing to it.

Back