Revo 2.5 & Picco .26 Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daculatruck50

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I plan on getting a new Picco .26 Maxx for my 2.5 Revo. I will have to get an ofna engine mount correct? Will the easy start mount right up? one-way bearing? Will the old linkage work with the new picco? What about the drive train? FOC? any other gears that should definitely be upgraded? Also i would like some suggestions for a good exhaust to run.

Thank you

hello i have the same setup a revo 2.5 with a picco 0.26 the one way bearing is the same and the ez start will go on with ease just need the Ofna motor mount other that i added a Trinty pipe runs great but not good for a city truck sure added power but that pipe is super loud.

i have the picco .26 on my revo 3.3. . .just be aware that the picco on a 2.5 chassis is gonna like to stand up ALOT, but yes the ez start will mount right up, the exaust will mount right up and the linkage may be a little tight but it will still work, and the ofna picco mount is a definate, the only problem with the ofna mount is that it isn't adjustable, so your best bet for gearing is to go with the 17T CB, and a 36T SG, it has the best mesh from what i could gather

Thanks for all the info. What size clutch and spur gear comes on the 2.5 revo stock?

Anymore exhaust recommendations?

personally the single chamber tuned pipe that traxxas offers works quite well

What is the 2.5 revo stock clutch and spur gear teeth? 17 & 36 is recommended but is that what it comes with or do i have to buy new ones? Anything else in the drive train i should upgrade.

Also what does decreasing teeth on the clutch and spur do?

Also will the stock revo 3.3 air filter and traxxas glow plugs work with this new engine?

Also will the stock 2.5R flywheel, clutch and everything that bolts onto the crank of the 2.5R bolt up to the Picco?

Last edited:
well the bigger clutchbell will increase your top speed as well as the smaller spur gear, and all of the stuff from the 2.5 will mount up to the picco, i didn't have to purchase anything different except for the CB and SG and as far as glow plugs go i use O.S. #8

Thank you very much for the info.

Also what fuel do you use in your picco? Any recommendations? I have been using traxxas 20% in my 2.5r.

i run 15% in mine. . but the 20% will be fine. . .it'll be a little more punchy

Does brand matter?

yes. get something like Byrons or O'donnel.

last race season i was using 30% from morgan ran great with a poop load or punch now i replaced the revo with a 1/8th buggy for racing and now in the picco i use 20% for bashing runs great and a little easier to tune now with the 20% from morgan just ordered all new bearings for the motor and should have the revo picco running soon right after i bake the motor to get the inner and outer bears out.

I would recommened byrons. It's way better than traxxas top fuel. When i used to use 20% traxxas top fuel power plus I got good results but hard tuning. I switched to byrons race gen2 30% fuel and i saw better performance easier tuning and it didnt stall as muhc as it used too.

Traxxas says that traxxas top fuel is the best fuel for their engines because they just want more money.

what they dont know is that they are selling junk fuel.

I've always ran traxxas 20% on the t-maxx 2.5, t-maxx 3.3, slayer 3.3, and my revo 3.3..

Back