Rebuild pro 15 or new mill?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob D

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well fired up the 4tec today started hard but finally got it running .

Checking temps after runs was 350 degrees with body off so i started tuning got it down to 300 and wouldnt run below that richen it up = dies ... But now at 300-350 man does it run it screams =devil . head smoking the whole way

But we know that 350 wont last long so now should i resleeve it i do have a sleeve or should i just get different mill ?

By the Way the Os 12 CVX was only running 200 degrees today so there was something wrong with the pro and its not tuning

I had a os 12 cvx for it but its crazy when the carb on the mach 15 came apart it ended up on the xxx nt

Lets hear some opinions

There is smoke coming from the head? Sounds like the head or the plug is loose.

Naw its that wonder overheat smoke

if the pro .15 goes belly up, by all means replace it with a new mill. The pro .15 just isn't that great. IMO

yeah the pro scrap 15 is nothing spiecal I've replaced 2 of them on other nitros this is best running one I've had i dont get to run on road a whole lot though mostly off rd can't drive in street becuse of white trash neighbors

Woah watch that language young man! hehe..get an OS replacement engine...or go to ebay and get this TRX 2.5 i saw..last day is today i thinks..only 75bucks! But ya can't go wrong with an OS!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Go for a os or see if you can do a .21 conversion then your car will kick a$$.

Originally posted by RaCinJason399
Go for a os or see if you can do a .21 conversion then your car will kick a$$.

a .21 conversion on a 4tec? I would like to see a link to that, do you have one?

well I was thinking that there could be a .21 engin that could fit in the 4 tec. I dont know of a conversion... the .21 that i would be thinking for the job would be a small block .21.like a os .21 vz-r (p) w/20k carb? or any motor thats smaller..ofna .. force .21 engin..

Originally posted by RaCinJason399
well I was thinking that there could be a .21 engin that could fit in the 4 tec. I dont know of a conversion... the .21 that i would be thinking for the job would be a small block .21.like a os .21 vz-r (p) w/20k carb? or any motor thats smaller..ofna .. force .21 engin..
:OMG: :ban: :spam

no u dont think so X. WELL KISS IT. Grow up and Stop ****ing up other peoples posts its geting unbelieveable. stuff it!

and i do believe an ofna motor will fit in the 4-tec. Ill look and compare other motors for you nitro dave.

about how much room is there? around the motor and the other stuff?

I'm not sure how much room there is, I don't own a 4tec, I just had never heard about anyone putting a .21 in one. I was curious how that would work. I bet if anyone could do it 3maxxman could.

Crankshaft Thread: 5mm
On-Center Mounting Holes, Front to Rear: 11mm (.433")
On-Center Mounting Holes, Side to Side: 31.4mm (1.24")
Back of engine(recoil)to front of drive washer: 73.2mm (2.88")
Height: 97.3mm (3.83")
Exhaust Port Diameter: inner - 9.9mm (.392")
outer - 13.0mm (.512")

Thats the 2.5 specs...

Crankshaft Thread Size: 1/4"x28
Length: 85mm (3 5/16") from front of front bearing to back of pull start
Width: 29.6mm (1.17") the width neglecting the mounting flanges
37mm (1.46") distance across crankcase measured between the centers
Height: 100mm (5.50)

and here is a ofna force .21 that should fit...

only with minor modifications.. like a shorter crank that would fit...
2.5 lenght is 73.2mm
ofna lenght is 85 mm which is a about 12 mm or 1.2 cm... shortining the crank and maby somehting with the mounts will make it fit.

its a little bit to cramped for a 21 the 15 barly fits it you have to weasle it in and out of frame

Ohhh... well if yo dont want to do a little costomizing making it fit then go with a os.

or this motor looks cool its a Trinity .15 picco engin. fits the area of a .12 cv and a .15 cv

1.25hp @ 34,000rpm, dual ball bearings, rotary carb

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRT76&P=7

theres a link. I think I might buy one for my tmaxx. my .15 is taking its last runs too.

I dont know why you guys would ever want a .21 or higher in a 4-tec. Way to much power than it should ever have. I doubt it could fit and run properly. But oh well. go with the os..its worth it. The 2.5 isnt a bad choice either THo.
[move]-Kellen[/move]