Question on beadlocks...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I was thinking I could get some beadlock rims for my TRX4 Sport, but I have a few questions. Are beadlocks waterproof? Are they hard to put together?

They need water exit holes drilled in the tires and the wheels.
They are easy but time consuming.

They need water exit holes drilled in the tires and the wheels.
They are easy but time consuming.
If you run in water 😉

There are videos on putting beadlocks together. It's tedious at times, and some wheels are harder than others, but I kinda enjoy putting them together. The trick is getting the tire bead locked in them evenly, so you're not stretching one side of the tire. You want the tires locked in as close to their free state as possible.

Question about the stock TRX4 Sport wheels: are they possible to waterproof without removing the squishiness.

Yes .spray with wd 40 ..I've seen guys take a bag with wd in it to do the same.. use paint brush on were the tire meets rim to seal from water.

The only way to waterproof crawler tires is to seal them (bad for performance), or use closed cell/silicone foams. They need to breathe to work well. I just try yo squeeze out most of the water after running, or, if I have time and feel like it, take the foams out, dry, reassemble.

Back