Ps3 bluray not working

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergoff

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My ps3 stopped reading disks. No errors and it won't show the disk on the screen. It doesn't matter what kind of disk it is. Its the first gen ps3. Has anyone had this issue and fixed it themselves?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have the first gen and never had a problem, if you have your ps3 really close to the floor that can cause major problems, freezing and ruin it. Also having it on a small enclosed shelf with a back preventing proper air flow can affect it

I'm going to tear it open and see what's going on. I fixed a rrod xbox so I might get this one fixed by myself. If not I'll sell my 2 games.

So i guess i should take my ps3 off the ground.......

They say if its on the carpet that can cause it to over heat. Mine is in a stand with a back on it but I always leave the door open.

What about cardboard or wood under it?

Guess I'm buying another table.

Being on a stand about 18" off the floor and open on all four sides and top is best for the PS3 and 360. Also best to not have them on their sides since doing so actually blocks one of the vents.

The Laser went out... Pretty common..

You need to buy a new "Backwards Compatible" laser and tear apart the drive to replace it. Time consuming but simple. While you have it apart it would be a good time to thoroughly clean everything and replace the Thermal Compound between the Heat Sinks and the CPU & GPU chips.

$50 -$70 on ebay .. be sure to get the right one for your model #

Back