Project CyberMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is wow. It is looking great Christian. Are you going to have that up and running before the bash?

I'm actually doing up the linkages right now, and weather providing, will be doing the break-in tomorrow. I will also take some close-ups for you all to see ;)

Sweeeeet! God that thing looks indestructible.

I thought you were gonna dye the arms yellow. Are ya dyein' the knuckles, too? What body are ya puttin' on it?

Shall I shut up and wait for the break-in pictures to see if you've got your body?

(Is it your wife's body? I've never seen a nitro vehicle with.. uhhh.. never mind... They can make anything out of Lexan nowadays!)

I think I'm going to leave the arms and knuckles white for now (those knuckles by the way are RPM's new ones and they ROCK!). I found a Parma body that might fit. They make a couple of 8th scale bodies that are just awesome. Because of the cage size I may have to go with the 8th scale Grave Digger. This is IF I decide to even use a full body. The way this thing is designed, you can just cut the front half of a ragular maxx body and drop it on. I may do that. Who knows.

I just shot a BUNCH of pics and will be creating a separate gallery for them. They are LARGE so I will do a web page for them.

Give me about a half an hour.

hey, i was just wondering how much did the kit cost for the cyber maxx and if u had a link to where i might be able to purchase it.

bryan

nice, i might just think about that. so how much did it cost u?

bryan

I havent even sat down to add it up yet. Enough though!

The kit itself was a hair under 300$ for Everything R.C. solutions has for the kit.

that aint too bad. i had just puttin the xtm .21 conversion in mine and i wanted to make my truck a little different from everybody elses around. so i am thinkin of getting this. with this kit u dont run a body on the truck do u?

bryan

You easily can. Check out the picture gallery at RC-Solutions site. They have them on there. You can keep the bed of the truck if you like too, you just have to cut a channel down the middle.

I dont know if RC Solutions is putting the cage I have into production yet, but, their .21 cage is designed for the O.S. RGX engine. Not the Picco as seen on mine. Keep that in mind.

Maybe Scott or Del will post here and give us an update on what they are doing to accommodate the BIG mills out right now.

I'm itching to get my hand on one of the belly pans, blue cages and the new braces that are double cut ;)

yeah i have the XTM 24.7 with the Nova racing head which is BIG. it is awsome. i love the motor, but i havent had a chance to get to the track yet. what type of shocks are u running in urs?

bryan

The Integy Piggy Back shocks. 70wt oil and the Trinity black springs (half of them are now, until I get the rest tomorrow)

wmeter.gif

damn, Christian... just saw the link https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/chris/cyber/index.htm

Last edited:
Looks great Christian, have you run it yet? What is your break-in technique? We haven't been too kind to our engines around here, but I ran my new Hyper 21 on the bench for 45 minutes first, now it starts in 1/2 pull, hot or cold.

The article is in RC Car magazine. It is hard to find, but it is an awesome article. Check out www.rc-car.com.

so do they work good with the 70wt in them? i had putt in 40wt in mine because that is the only thing thati had. and i still have the stock springs. they are a little too soft yet.

bryan

Oh yeah, some updates:

We are talking with MIP about an OEM deal for cvd drivelines for the cybermaxx. Big motors are hard on plastic parts, and your freak-ass engine will kill them.

All Cybermaxx and T-maxx cages now clear tall engines, thanks to you and Ed!

The anodized parts are just for stock chassis T-maxx right now, but we will catch up to Cyber and E-maxx parts soon. Also, the belly pan is just for stock chassis tmaxx, it is not necessary on the Cybermaxx.

I have taken a week off from after hours rc truck development (read - brutally beating trucks on the track) for my latest toy: A Hangar 9 Funtana S model plane with a Saito .72 four stroke engine. Not to hijack this thread, but it is awes....what comes after awesome? Check out other buildups in the forums at www.rcuniverse.com. It should be flying (hopefully not splintering on the ground) this week....

As soon as the weather breaks I will begin break-in. Hopefully tonight. I can wait until you get some CVD's made for this beast. I'm very skeptical about the plastic drive-line.

I thought about getting a break-in stand for the bench too or just making one. I think that might be the route to go!

Ill keep you posted on the process.

Super - the 70wt so far, gives me the action I am looking for with both the drop test and side roll test. The Trinity springs also seem to be the choice. Its too bad my progressive springs did not fit or they would have been on the Integy shocks. I might try to mod them a hair to make them work.

alright then i will try and get those to my truck when i get home. thanks

bryan

Back