Project CyberMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some piggies for the Beast.
More photos in my gallery.

13cyberpig3.jpg

Originally posted by FastEddy
Got some piggies for the Beast.
More photos in my gallery.

How are the springs that came with them? Do you think they are stiff enough for 50Wt? My set will have the same blue springs.

The Stock May be fine. I changed to the Trinity blues first because thats what I have used in the past. I took it for a test run and am not to happy with the blues. Using 45 wt and the trinity blues is WAY STIFF. I'm going to put 4 reds on and see if it loosens things up a bit.

The kit comes with some weird ass blue springs. I haven't had a chance to measure the rebound yet But they look to be the same as Stock Trx reds.

I used the stock 2 holes that can installed but the kit included 1 hole and 3 hole piston disks.

I had an issue with one of the shocks out of the bag but don't want to start a panic. I contacted Integy and will see how they take care of it. PM me for details.

I was going to see if the RPM 2-stage pistons fit and test the included springs out first.

BTW, you got PM.

so how you liking those shocks? Worth the denaro?

I haven't really had a chance to run it on a track yet. They are a lot stiffer than the Losi shocks. I will need to do some testing with different spring and oil combinations to get a good feel for them.

If they do nothing more than extend the period of time between rebuilds it will be worth it. I hope to get a complete race day out of them. That in it self would be priceless.

I have the entire FastEddy family in town for a week. 8-0 so racing or track time is out of the question. Everyone wants to drive the RCs so I hid them at the shop. Out of sight out of mind.

Last edited:
Good move on hiding them!!! They just dont or cannot understand what we have invested in them unless they do it themselves and then they wouldnt need to drive yours because they would have their own. Let me know how the shocks work out as I am looking to buy a set if you think there race worthy. I still just laugh and dont answer when people ask me if they can drive it...........they just dont understand.

Hey Ed,
I dug through this thread for some advice this weekend. My OS died, and I followed your lead and bought a Hyper 21. The supplied manifold would not work with the roll cage, so I came here and found that you guys are using a Savage manifold. I happen to be in the process of designing bulkheads and roll cage for a new Savage. So I turned around and looked at it like the Grinch looked at Max, and 5 minutes later it was on my truck.

That engine starts and runs great. Even blubbery rich it is quicker and faster than my OS 21. I completely obsoletes my track, too. Now I can fly completely over the main jump landing, and past the following whoop section, more than 35 feet! Thanks for the tips!

The glory of information. :wasted:
When making posts we try to put as much info in them as possible. Some may think we go overboard you never know who will be in need. Keep an additional pull start on hand. They like to brake. I haven’t found an alternative starting method yet.

The Hyper has a lot of power. With power come issues. Keep an eye on your drive train. Make sure your slipper is in good shape. The slipper is your failsafe for the transmission, CVDs, and Sliders.
I will recommend the RRP double slipper. To help reduce the gear ripping torque to the transmission I will recommend getting the E-Maxx version. It is a 66t rather than the 72t found on the T-Maxx. Do a search on adjust slipper and my user name to find a post on how to properly adjust it.

With all the additional power you have now I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with as far as Difs, Transmission gears, front and rear drive shafts, and Slippers.

I’m glad to see that you’re working on parts for the Savage.

-Ed.

Thanks for the advice. I have been afraid that my gears will strip faster than a homo in Texas, but so far it is holding up.

Does anyone know of a good brake disk setup? You know, one that actually stops the truck....

How are you and Christian doing with your Tmaxxes? And who hacked your banner?

Originally posted by scottm
I have been afraid that my gears will strip faster than a homo in Texas,

You fit in SO well around here. Funny shiet man:D

I’m still working on the brake setup as well.
I have tried the RRP TI, Traxxas CF, and the Stock disk so far.
The stock seems to be the best for now however it fades rather quickly. (Heats UP)

I’m going to try a double Traxxas CF setup next.
Use the standard setup then place an additional disk and pad in front. Many people have had good success with it in the past.
I have set one up before and will try to find my pics.

I’m running My Maxx several times a week and will race this weekend. I have all the parts for my Diffs and am having issues with the way they fit in the case. I haven’t been able to find the proper size shims. I will make some this week and get them installed.

I continue to have issues with the drive shafts twisting and coming apart. I will need to have some custom shafts made. You will find the additional HP from the larger engine will cause many issues that you haven’t had with the "TOY" engine you have been running.

I hacked my banner to be humble after posting a rather rude comment about someone’s robustness.

Last edited:
Hey Scott! My Cyber is done and good to go! I begin break-in tomorrow! I only have ONE final concern, and that is the TIGHTNESS of the gears in the tranny. They are not as smooth as I would like. They are all the hardenned steel gears that RRP puts out, and I'm just wonderring if that is why. I can't afford the OTB gears like some people hehehe.... They are a damn nice gear set though!

Ill post up some pics tomorrow for you! Also, ask Del if he got my email ;)

:burp:

Excellent, its about time. Since you got your kit, I went through 2 gallons of fuel, and destroyed a rollcage, engine, 2 differentials, 4 shocks, countless rod ends and drive shafts, and tested 2 sets of prototype bulkheads and frame rails! We beat on our trucks until the white meat shows, and they are actually holding up amazingly well, despite my personal list of carnage.

Are you using a Picco 26? I'm talking to MIP today about custom cvd drive shafts, you will need them. What are you using for shocks?

Right now I just have the Traxxas Big Bores, RPM Dual Stage Plates, RC Raven Progressive Springs and 40-50wt oil. I may go with 8th scale buggy shocks soon. All depends.

I am using the Picco .26.

Yes! I need center shafts. Ones that can hold up to the task. There are a couple of companies out there that will make custom bones for the centers, but, the cost is about 40 bucks each! YIKES! However, if you have the cups (MIP or Dynamite) you can get them made and be on your way ;)

Lately, I have just been beating the snot out of my Buggy, Stadium Truck and NTC3. I'm going to finish breaking in my Savage this week and start breaking in the CyberMaxx. So many rides so little time!

Did you get any new vids of that beast in action??? We are drooling waiting :shrug:

-Chris

Yes we have 2 dvd's put together of action. I'm waiting for some copies to be banged out, then I will send them to you.

Check out the new RC Car magazine! There is a 6 page review if the Cybermaxx.

Which mag is it in? I've been looking.....

The kit is complete! I finally finished everything up to my perfection. I just waited until I had everything exactly as I wanted. So here is a pic for now and a full spread with review to follow!

Also, I threw in the Dynamite diffs (modified internals as well) BUT, I am finishing up a Hardcore set of Diff's with the Maximizer Moded Ring Gear and Alum cup, kippster shims and RRP pinions :bling: When I blow the Dynamites, these will go in it!

9cybermaxxc1.jpg

Back