problems starting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done that and still nothing I'm almost to the point of "even if it doesn't need fixin, I'm gonna fix it anyways" lol:hehe:

since its been nice i decided to get my car up and running and all the store had was traxxas and bluethunder. only 1/2-3/4 of a tank of blue thunder has gone through it, period.the end. i now have 1 new and 1 partially used bottle of blue thunder(free to anyone whpo pays shipping :hehe::hehe::hehe:)
i had the car running not more than 2 weeks ago it ran for over half a tank b4 i called it quits for the day(the place was too rocky, almost flipped it once)
turning it over is not easy or hard, middle of the road

did you break in the car first?

still trying to, its mayb had 3-4 tanks ran thru it, the fuel i mainly used b4 it turned into winter was O'Donnell. but someone left the gallon jug outside by accident :hehe:

i had the guy at the lhs(b4 it went belly up) adjust for breaking it in the same day i got it, and i havent messed with and of the needle settings
i know i dont know much about nitros, not just yet anyways, but i know enuff that there is something oddly wrong with my car

A new engine with only a few tanks through should be very tight. You should not be able to turn it over with any of your fingers, it should get stuck at top dead centre. You may have lost a little compression.

I havent heard of those other fuels, but I'm tipping they are low on nitro content and high in oil. What you want is some 25% nitro fuel with low oil like a Byrons Race 2500 Gen2 with 25% nitro and 11% oil, or O'Donnell 25%.

Seeing as though its probably been set rich for break in, turn both the high and low speed needle clockwise a 1/4 turn each and then try it all again.

ok i may have miss read something but should i try to turn it over with exhaust,carb and plug in?

ok i may have miss read something but should i try to turn it over with exhaust,carb and plug in?

If you don't you will have no backpressure. As for the silicon sealer, just use a tiny bead around the lip of the carb where it mates to the body of the mill. That way you don't put on too much.

its a little harder to turn over with my pinky when everything is on it

Basically you should be able to rotate it almost 360 degrees. You will feel some resistance at Top Dead Center (where the piston reaches the top) if all is well with the mill.

what kind of silicon sealant should i get, stuff u get at the hardware store? the clear stuff or something else?

the sooner I find out the better I'm going to be heading out in about 2 hrs

Last edited:
anyone know what i should use, i dont wanna get the wrong stuff and screw up my car lol

probably some regular kind of silicone but i could be wrong probably the kind you get at home depot

just got from the auto store and got some

Permatex Ultra Copper Hi Temp

Well I hope this will solve my starting problem, wont know until this time tomorrow.
It has to cure for 24hrs

I don't think I read anyone suggesting this. You did prime the lines properly by plugging the exhaust and giving the engine a few seconds of cranking without the glow plug lit up.

Once primed there is no reason it shouldn't fire up right away. Even with an air leak a primed engine will run. Won't necessarily run well but it will run.

what kind of fuel are you using?

ok so i've got my engine repaired as well as I could

currently using byrons RTR 20%
plug reccomended by OFNA there were 2 I can't remember which

I have not ran it yet, stupid weather can't make up its mind
should i re-adjust the needles for any reason? i never messed with them myself i had the guy at the lhs tune it and its been over 1yr (I'm still breaking it in)
if you've read this entire thread you should get an idea of what my probs were

I've used rtv silicon on the carb and backplate

anything else i should check b4 i try and start it up?

others probably will have somthing to say to this effect I would go back to default settings on the carb just on the off chance its running lean on the setup that you had before. besides you can always write down how many turns out from closed you are and return somewhat to what ur earlier tune.

ok so i want to http://www.ofna.com/guide-tune-basics.html
to see where screws were and what not i have a force .28
i noticed something according to the picture B is the LSN
on my carb there is no screw there

sooooooo..... lol I'm a little lost

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back