problems starting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if anyone knows what to do please help, kind of hard to tune somthing if somthing isnt where it should be lolol

well I've looked around and i still havent been able to figure it out
i think i may have got the crappy "its the last motor we have just put it on the car" RTR deal lol

Start out with a full charge (overnight) on your ignitor, then install a new glow plug. Save the old one, you can use it later when it's tuned right.
Take off the air cleaner and look inside the carb. Don't try to start it yet, but turn on the radio and Rx. Turn the trim knob down to zero, then hold the trigger in maximum brake position and manually adjust the idle screw till you have an opening of 1-2 mm, or close to 1/16".
Prime the engine by plugging the exhaust while cranking it till fuel reaches the carb. Reinstall the air filter and start it normally and let me know what it does.

Also OWB fitted the wrong way can cause it to start and run the opposite way:)
Sounds daft tis true though:D

You said you use a cordless drill to start it, I tried doing that with my cordless drill but it doesn't have enough power(maybe a bad battery) to turn the engine over quickly enough to start the engine on my car. I have no problems starting it with the starter that came with the car.